GREAT NEWS!!!! The RM designed bag is FINALLY here!!!!!

discoAMOUR said:
I'm interested to see what this is going to look like...but...

I'm terribly disappointed. "Cupid 2.0" is not practical, will most likely break quickly, as so many cupids have done recently, and will be outdated very soon with all those chain links. I wish this collaboration were more successful in it's design and quality.

This sucks...the cupid has a serious design flaw, in that the HANDLES ARE POPPING OFF LEFT AND RIGHT!!! EEEK!!!! Why would RM make such an enjoyable collaboration bag, which should have been very important to all of us Minkettes especially, with this critical design flaw? So many of us pack so many things in our RMs, whether we are mothers, working women, students, pack-rats...what have you. If you pack it in like you would a MAM or MAB--and I believe you should be able to do so, especially considering our love of RM quality products and the fact we're paying a few hundred dollars for a bag, we should have the option to carry ALL of our daily items and not be concerned with our bags falling apart in the street. So not cute. This design flaw is a serious quality concern issue. I really hope RM has been trying to figure out how to better the handle position and strength of the Cupid.

I hope this bag is what you all really wanted. It would be such a shame if it wasn't even close.

Yeah - all the voting occurred just prior to my RM obsession being born so I missed out on the process. I do think there was a great opportunity here (that may have been missed) to really create something new and interesting with real input from avid RM users rather than tweaking and rehashing an existing design and putting it out for vote. That said, I hope RM does/did address the hardware/handle concerns, which would be identical to the Cupid, prior to mass production of this bag and that those that did vote are able to get a special bag they'll love and be able to USE.

discoAMOUR said:
I'm interested to see what this is going to look like...but...

I'm terribly disappointed. "Cupid 2.0" is not practical, will most likely break quickly, as so many cupids have done recently, and will be outdated very soon with all those chain links. I wish this collaboration were more successful in it's design and quality.

This sucks...the cupid has a serious design flaw, in that the HANDLES ARE POPPING OFF LEFT AND RIGHT!!! EEEK!!!! Why would RM make such an enjoyable collaboration bag, which should have been very important to all of us Minkettes especially, with this critical design flaw? So many of us pack so many things in our RMs, whether we are mothers, working women, students, pack-rats...what have you. If you pack it in like you would a MAM or MAB--and I believe you should be able to do so, especially considering our love of RM quality products and the fact we're paying a few hundred dollars for a bag, we should have the option to carry ALL of our daily items and not be concerned with our bags falling apart in the street. So not cute. This design flaw is a serious quality concern issue. I really hope RM has been trying to figure out how to better the handle position and strength of the Cupid.

I hope this bag is what you all really wanted. It would be such a shame if it wasn't even close.

This wasn't my choice either. I am not a fan of the current cupid and I certainly didn't want a Cupid 2.0. I was also terribly disappointed. I hope I am not being mean but I sometimes wonder if the Cupid 2.0 won because the majority of the ladies who voted did not know that there was already a bag with that design and that particular design has so many design flaws.

I have more than enough black bags. I was so into it thinking it was purple. But congratulations to those who wanted black if that's what happens. I did catch a glimpse of a pretty purple that wasn't the whipstich Desire, so I think I'll be chasing that one down.

But I am anxious to see what the collaboration bag looks like.

It's still awesome. Any ideas on the lining?

So big news - the bag will be walking down the runway tomorrow in the Rebecca Minkoff Fashion Show!!!!!!!!!! I finally will see it in person myself, looking so forward to it - many pics to come!!

Megs said:
So big news - the bag will be walking down the runway tomorrow in the Rebecca Minkoff Fashion Show!!!!!!!!!! I finally will see it in person myself, looking so forward to it - many pics to come!!

Awesome! Ive been wondering whatever happened to the poll outcome!
Keeping my eyes peeled out for your pics!!!

Hi everyone! I wanted to update you all because the bag is definitely coming!! As far as many of your concerns, I have a statement from Rebecca Minkoff:

Last year, we opened up the handbag design process to you – our loyal Rebecca Minkoff consumers – on the PurseForum. It was this same forum that helped build the Rebecca Minkoff brand to what it is today. From the excited chatter to the honest criticism, I've always taken the PurseForum's feedback to heart. It's this open dialogue and passion for amazing handbags that makes the PurseForum the perfect partner for a handbag collaboration.

Staying true to your inspiration while keeping up with the current and future-trends, the handbag is updated in a more structured shape in black and periwinkle with 100% Italian leather and features gorgeous light gold hardware.The Rebecca Minkoff x PurseForum launch handbags will be made right where the brand started, in New York City.
We couldn't be more excited to announce that Nordstrom partnered with us on this project as well, and will be launching the handbags in their stores and online in February 2013.

Oh yay! I was wondering what happened to this bag. I'm so excited to see it's still going strong. It sounds absolutely gorgeous!! Periwinkle = LOVE! I can't wait for pictures!!

I'm glad to see it's coming out in February. That would give me plenty of time to save up. :biggrin: and I AM SOOOOOOOO GLAD it's coming from NORDSTROM!!! I love them and they're my favorite department store. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Thank you Megs and RM, for doing this collab with us all. :biggrin: I can't wait!!

I wonder, is it the same design like in the runway? Or did RM change the design again? I'm so curious. :P

PICTURES PLEASE!!!

Last edited: