Great news I heard yesterday

I was told that if I order in Vienna in the fall, the ETA would be Feb 07, which coincides with the biannual delivery from Paris (or something like that).

Please educate me: What is a podium??? Thanks!

Claudia

hello2703 said:
I was told that if I order in Vienna in the fall, the ETA would be Feb 07, which coincides with the biannual delivery from Paris (or something like that).

Please educate me: What is a podium??? Thanks!

Claudia

It looks like your order in Vienna would be placed later, but the ETA is the same for orders placed in the USA at an earlier time. In that case, it definitely looks like orders arrive sooner in Europe than the USA. A podium is like a biannual buying spree (once in July, and the other is in Feb.). It's when all the managers from boutiques all over the world meet in Paris to learn about merchandise and get to place the largest amount of bag orders that they can possibly do at once. Managers generally have a list of requests from customers (and they try to get as many of those requests fulfilled), and if they have not yet filled their quota, they order a few for the store to sell to walk-in customers. However, not all leathers and colors are available during podium, so some customers' requests are not filled. The bags are usually made within a year, but some take longer. Special order is slightly different. Those do not have to be done at Podium, but they usually take longer to fulfill. However, you get exactly what you want, even if it wasn't available at podium, and each store has a maximum number of these they can do. HTHS.