Great designer black flats?

mewlicious

Mitzi ♥ Indigo
O.G.
Feb 18, 2006
I was considering the Dior Gaucho Ballerinas until I started to worry about the key and coin jangling.

Any suggestions for fun black flats to wear this season and onto next winter? :confused1:

I really love my Tory Burch Reva flats. I have the navy and was thinking about getting black or brown. They are super comfortable and I get compliments on them all the time.

I know a lot of people also like the lanvin flats, but they look a bit plain to me for $500.

Hawaiilei: The best of the bunch, I worry about the gold piece bothering me but I love all the colors they come in.

chanelbabe5: I agree... I saw some cute mocasssin type ones at the Chanel store at the Wynn 2 weeks ago, but I was hunting for a more ballerina flat. I wish I could find their shoe catalog on-line :/

Carrie: those flats are adorable, but i was looking for an everyday kinda shoe. Thanks for the suggestion, I really should consider those for a comfortable night out. :biggrin:

Pursegrrl: Love those shoes, but I was more on the hunt for a ballerina flat. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

I understand your reservations about the Tory Burch. I already have a plain black pair, so I like the gold. The leather is also unbelievably soft on the TB, but the elastic backing makes it a bit difficult to size. Definitely get your normal size, if not one size smaller. I think they also have some styles with a leather medallion which is a little more understated.

I also have a pair of Delmans that are quite nice. I would look at them as well. There is a plain pair at Bergdorf Goodman if you are in Manhattan.

I also have a pair of Jeffrey Campbell love flats, but didn't mention them because you specifically asked for a designer pair.

I would also check out Marc by Marc Jacobs, although I can't think of any styles off the top of my head.

Just so you know, all of the new navy reva ballet flats come with a silver medallion. It is impossible to find the one with the gold medallion. If you strike out with Tory Burch, call plaza too. I ordered mine there and they were quite nice. They are probably out of stock online.

I bought Chanel and Dior black ballerinas in Paris from their cruise collections that I ADORE.The chanels will last forever out of all my shoes so I dont even hesitate buying them anymore.