Great Black Bag PLEEEEASE! Advice needed!

cooper1, oh, I posted about the Gatsby in another thread. Unfortunately she's going back. I haven't been able to fully check her out but I wasn't wowed :crybaby: The bag is gorgeous, the leather feels amazing and the color is divine but.... it was a bit too big and I don't know, for the price, I didn't love it.

I did receive my Tano bag (Bottle Blonde) in wine and I immediately loved it. I love the style and the look. Of course that may change after I use her, but I did like it immediately. The price was great also- under $200.

I'm still thinking about the Botkier Sasha Duffle though! The store that I had placed the order called me today to let me know that they did receive the shipment. For whatever reason, I am still thinking about that bag!!

cooper1, oh, I posted about the Gatsby in another thread. Unfortunately she's going back. I haven't been able to fully check her out but I wasn't wowed :crybaby: The bag is gorgeous, the leather feels amazing and the color is divine but.... it was a bit too big and I don't know, for the price, I didn't love it.

I did receive my Tano bag (Bottle Blonde) in wine and I immediately loved it. I love the style and the look. Of course that may change after I use her, but I did like it immediately. The price was great also- under $200.

I'm still thinking about the Botkier Sasha Duffle though! The store that I had placed the order called me today to let me know that they did receive the shipment. For whatever reason, I am still thinking about that bag!!

Oh, Poop! That's terrible!
I so loved the JY Gatsby in pictures, and I was excited for you, but I know what you mean when you see something IRL for that amount of $$$, it better "WOW!" you. That happened to me before with an MJ bag. Loved it in pictures, but when I got it....not so much for the amount of money I spent.
For me, right now, I need practical (Oh, God, I never thought I would say that!). Nothing is really "wow"-ing me in the stores. Lots of bag "wow" me in pictures, but when I see them, they are either not comfortable to wear or impractical for daily use, and lately the trend is really heavy bags with lots of hardware. This Lucky bag was, well, not to sound too cheesy, it was a lucky find! It is so nice to throw over your shoulder and it feels "right" and for the money, I want one in every color!

Please keep me posted on your perfect black bag hunt! The SA at Macy's where I bought the Lucky was telling me her woes about finding the "perfect" black bag for her. I guess it is a quest we all have! I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

cooper1, you are going to love your Lucky bag. I love mine! I was thinking about getting it in black, but I want a different black bag. I don't like having the same bag in different colors and well, I don't know, I just want a different one :P

I am waiting to receive one last bag. I ordered a Marc by Marc Jacobs Bowler in Black from ebay. It was new without tags. It's a discontinued style. I saw GUNG's pictures of her bag and immediately began lusting for one of my own. It was shipped on Tuesday so I'm hoping to get it tomorrow :yes:

Today I also received my Tano (Bottle Blonde in wine) and I immediately loved it. I'm considering a Sex Bomb in Black. The price is great (about $200) and musthavebag gives tpf members $20 off and free shipping- I got my bag the next day.

How about the Jenny Yuen Sherlock - I just ordered this myself:
d_688.gif

loriw, that Sherlock does look very cute. I don't think it's a shoulder bag though, right? Oh I see it has a strap, but many times I don't like how straps look if the handles themselves are not long enough. But that's just me :P

OK, so I went to the mall tonight and happened upon a bag that I would normally just walk past.
It is so cute, and weighs absolutely NOTHING! I put it on my arm and it stayed put without slipping and it is big, but has super lightweight smooshy leather that slouches.
AND best of all it only cost $150!!!!
It is...The Lucky Brand Slouch Hobo!
2249-191835-p.jpg

It is really simple, but the few details it has are super cute and in the right places. I love that I can STILL find a bag with silver hardware (not too much of a fan of all the new bags with bright gold hardware), it fits ALL of my criteria, and is super, duper cheap! It also comes in red with a brown strap, so if this bag works out, it is cheap enough that I can go grab that one, too! I am so excited (...and I got a GREAT haircut today!!!)

What a good day today!!!

I love this bag too...I have it in black and brown and trust me,it is definately a low maintenance "go to" bag.

I'v been on the hunt for a perfect black bag also. Something that's practical, functional, fashionable, and LAMBSKIN LEATHER!!! I love the smell and feel of lambskin leather.

Anyways, I LOVE the Botkier Bryant Hobo....just LOVE it! I haven't purchased it yet, but I was wondering whether anyone here knows of any discount codes that can be applied towards this purchase. Hope I'm not breaking any rules by asking this question, but I'd prefer to buy authentic (not on Ebay) and get a "deal" on this purse. I SO love it.

Here's a link...

http://www.botkier.com/fw07/prod-new-w-sizes.php?prod_code=71012&bryant_large_hobo.html