Great Black Bag PLEEEEASE! Advice needed!

Here's another vote for the medium Coach Carly - I just got one and it is a great size - finally a "medium" bag that is roomy but still comfy on the shoulder and fairly compact (at least compared to the other bags I have been carrying lately!).

Good luck on your bag hunt!

cooper1, I'd love to know your thoughts if you check out the Carly. I have checked them out but it doesn't seem so light weight to me and the leather seems rough. The small one that retails for under $400 is too small.

The Sasha Duffle did not work out for me, so I am on the hunt again for a black bag.

I've looked at a few Cole Haans but none seem perfect for me.

cooper1, I'd love to know your thoughts if you check out the Carly. I have checked them out but it doesn't seem so light weight to me and the leather seems rough. The small one that retails for under $400 is too small.

The Sasha Duffle did not work out for me, so I am on the hunt again for a black bag.

I've looked at a few Cole Haans but none seem perfect for me.

OMG, JudieH! Isn't it amazing AND terribly frustrating?!
It seems that I don't really like anything out in the stores right now and everything I do love is WAAAAAAY out of my price range and high-end designer over $800 range! I do love the BE 'Love Me' bags, but that just cannot happen right now for me. I also loved the Tracy Zych (That bag is GORGEOUS!!!) but again, I do have a limit on cost.
:crybaby:

I will check out the Carly, because I have never really loved Coach, but I am digging that bag! I hope it works and it is not too heavy as you say.

What didn't you like about the Sasha? Was it gigantic? When I tried it on at Neiman's it was huge and sloppy looking. Would probably be great for an overnight bag, but not a handbag.

Thank you all for all the great suggestions, KEEP 'EM COMING!! :yes::yes:

cooper1, I hope you love the Carly. I'm just not a fan, but I keep on checking it out since there are so many raves on the bag!

The Sasha was pretty big. Plus I think I was upset about the incident with the store I had been dealing with.

I've seen them IRL at Luna Boston and the quality of the leather, hardware, and construction seems very good. I can't give you the perspective of someone who owns one of their bags but maybe someone here can.

I just love this bag!!!
Where did you get it? Are there any codes I can use and do these bags usually go on sale?

HELP!!! I'm in love!:love:

I know! I am sooooo loving it too! I like the medium size bag measurements; think it would work well for me.
BRONTE: Do both shoulder straps STAY on your shoulder? I hate when one falls off! Is it relatively light weight?
Any coupon codes or sale options would be super!
:tup::tup:

Anna Corinna Lady Duffle... if you go by the measurements on the website. it will seem huge, but the bag slouches .. its a comfortable wear, plus it always has the xbody strap

OK, so I went to the mall tonight and happened upon a bag that I would normally just walk past.
It is so cute, and weighs absolutely NOTHING! I put it on my arm and it stayed put without slipping and it is big, but has super lightweight smooshy leather that slouches.
AND best of all it only cost $150!!!!
It is...The Lucky Brand Slouch Hobo!
2249-191835-p.jpg

It is really simple, but the few details it has are super cute and in the right places. I love that I can STILL find a bag with silver hardware (not too much of a fan of all the new bags with bright gold hardware), it fits ALL of my criteria, and is super, duper cheap! It also comes in red with a brown strap, so if this bag works out, it is cheap enough that I can go grab that one, too! I am so excited (...and I got a GREAT haircut today!!!)

What a good day today!!!

cooper1, I have that same bag but wine colored. I am so happy you found a bag that you love!!!! I love that bag too. :tup: But I'm still looking for my perfect black bag :sad:

cooper1, I hope you love the Carly. I'm just not a fan, but I keep on checking it out since there are so many raves on the bag!

The Sasha was pretty big. Plus I think I was upset about the incident with the store I had been dealing with.

JudieH, I tried the Carly at the mall and I just didn't like it. When you have it on your arm, the bag feels like it is right up in your armpit and the strap is so slippery that it slipped off my shoulder at least a dozen times while I had it on for 5 minutes. I really wanted to love it because the style is so cute, but it was not for me.

I am happy with my new cheapie LUCKY bag!
:yahoo:

(...still let me know what you think about the GATSBY!!! I am dying to hear!)

cooper1, I have that same bag but wine colored. I am so happy you found a bag that you love!!!! I love that bag too. :tup: But I'm still looking for my perfect black bag :sad:

Akkk! That is so funny!!!
JudieH, I was just writing you about your Gatsby when you wrote this. You have this bag in WINE???? I bet it is beautiful! I only saw it in red, and I loved it. You and I must have very similar taste in bags!
Don't you love this one??!!!!