Great birthday present ideas?

joyeaux

O.G.
Jul 1, 2006
Okay, usually I'm pretty good at this stuff but DH's birthday is this week and for the life of me I can't decide what to get him. He doesn't want me spending much $ on him (he's good that way :tender:) but I want to do something meaningful. Anyone given their DH or SO a present they really liked that wasn't too expensive? My brain has been racked and I still got nothin'!

I take him to the spa... It's not too much. About $200 for a couples massage. He would NEVER go unless I take him and he always loves it... he likes getting pampered and after that I make him a nice meal. I sometimes just do this on a Saturday afternoon as a surprise and he'll never get bored of it.

I made a miniature treasure hunt for my boy once... his brother took him out to breakfast, and while they were gone I put balloons all over his room and a card that had some funny poem about getting clean. Then in the bathroom I had set out a little gift set with shampoos etc. Also a wrapped gift that said "DO NOT OPEN UNTIL AFTER SHOWERING" inside was a shirt that said "Hug me, Its my birthday!" Then there was another card leading him outside, where I left another small gift, and where I was waiting in my car to take him to the park to feed the ducks.

it was very simple, but he really appreciated it. And of course, you can edit the plan to include whatever you want :smile: