Grease on my signature Carly - wahh!!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I think I got some kind of subway grease/dirt on my signature Carly. Now what! The SA at Coach wasn't sure if the signature cleaner would get grease out so she suggested warm water with a mild soap (woolite).
    A little nervous about using plain old soap.

2. Good luck getting it out!

3. Wow, I hope you can get it out!!! Let us know what happens.

4. I'm too afraid to try to get the stain out with the soap. I guess I will try eventually.

5. GREASED LIGHTNING!

It is my savior and you can use it on everything from clothes, carpet, to dishes. I think it is pretty mild and while I have not used it on coach fabric yet, it works really well!

You can get it at most grocery stores for under $5.

6. I had a nasty dark mark (likely grease) on my carly and was able to get it out with a little bit of effort.

I used some Dawn dishsoap and warm water - made it all sudsy, then wet a washcloth and rubbed the bag. When it didn't work, I tried a bit of the mixture and I took Mokoni's advice (See http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/i-cleaned-my-legacy-signature-bag-my-sonicare-267893.html?highlight=sonicare)
    and used an old electric toothbrush (Crest Spinbrush) and worked that around the stain too. It took about three cleanings, but it's finally gone.

I think the combination of the Dawn (removes grease from everything!), and the spinbrush worked the best.