Gray Edith turning a darker funky color

1. I treated my gray Edith w/apple guard when I 1st got it. I have used it about 10 to 15 times now and it has turned into a darker taupe like color now:sad: :yucky: :rant: I would not even call it a "gray" at all anymore. Not to sure what happenend to it????

Has this happened to anyone else?

When I open the front pocket I can see how it use to be a lighter and pretty gray:love: . I do not like at all the color it turned into. What to do?

2. That does not sound good! I am so sorry! Can you post pics?

3. Maybe it didn't like the AppleGuard if it is its original color inside the pocket?

BIG Bummer! I am sorry.

4. That is what I was thinking too. That the appleguard over time darkend it. :yucky: :rant: I'm going to see if maybe it can get cleaned, I doubt it but I guess I can bring it to a leather man and see.

I gave the bag to my Mom, but when I go home this weekend I'll take some pics of the bag and then how it is the pretty gray on the inside pocket.

5. I always ask Nordstrom's who they recommend. A professional cleaning sure might take care of it.

Can you post a picture with the pocket open to compare?

6. Thank you I will call and will post pics. I just gave the bag to my Mom yesterday because I was so pissed about the bag.

7. hc, that is terrible! I have never heard of Appleguard changing the color so long after it is applied! Perhaps the weather in your area oxidated the leather to a taupe color? I live in Miami so when I appleguard my leather the humidity, over time, darkens the leather. That is why I never appleguard my leather anymore. My SA says that oftentimes designer bags already come "protected".

8. I won't use Appleguard anymore either. It ruined one of my Balenciaga bags. It definitely gave it a hazy, ugly appearance.....even my mom and friends noticed the difference. It's like you needed to buff it.

9. OMG! THat is awful! Which one did it do that to? :cry: I totally feel for you!

10. Sorry for the double post.

11. I was just going to order Apple Garde for my Camel colored MJ Stam....now I'm afraid.

I hope you can fix your Edith.

12. gosh, that sucks!
    hope your edith will become fresh and clean again!!!!:biggrin:

13. Does the appleguard have "silicone" in it? My leather SA told me that's what makes leathers appearance change and darken over time. He sold me a protective product that didn't have any silicone in it.

14. I think I posted this before, so forgive me if I sound repetitive, but I don't believe in using leather/suede protectants on fine leather and suede. As, at best, it can lull you into a false sense of security and at worst, it can affect the finish of the leather.

I also find that it masks the beautiful leather smell with a harsh chemical fragrance. :yucky:

15. what about on white colored leather? like a balenciaga white, since there's nothing to fade?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice