Graphite-berry textured leather owners, question please?

momtok

Daughter & Tim Gunn
O.G.
Aug 21, 2009
This may be a long-shot, but I'm hoping for a few responses from those who have purchased bags in the graphite-berry combination.

There's been a lot of talk/comparisons/etc about corner wear on legacy leather items. For example, there's long been talk about the duffle corners.

My question is specifically about the graphite-berry combination leathers. How is that graphite leather holding up? (Or the brown textured, or even the cement textured, if you happen to have it?) How are the corners? Good? Bad?

I'm considering another legacy purchase or two, and I'm really wondering how this graphite textured is holding up.

Thank you.

This may be a long-shot, but I'm hoping for a few responses from those who have purchased bags in the graphite-berry combination.

There's been a lot of talk/comparisons/etc about corner wear on legacy leather items. For example, there's long been talk about the duffle corners.

My question is specifically about the graphite-berry combination leathers. How is that graphite leather holding up? (Or the brown textured, or even the cement textured, if you happen to have it?) How are the corners? Good? Bad?

I'm considering another legacy purchase or two, and I'm really wondering how this graphite textured is holding up.

Thank you.

I have the berry/graphite combo in the Rory. I haven't had any problems with any wear at all. Looks as good as the day I bought it.

I have the cement/black textured Rory. I've carried it quite a bit - and no problems with wear at all. Corner wear I had on the regular Legacy leather had immediate problems (within days or a week of use). The textured leather seems to have absored the dye much better.

I purchased the large graphite/berry duffle back in October/November. After getting the back home, I saw there was a small gouge in the leather. When I took the bag back into the store, they didn't have anymore and had one sent from JAX. When the bag came from JAX, the corners already had color loss :nogood: Obviously I had gotten someone's return, but the color loss kind of freaked me out and I ended up exchanging the bag for something else.
I LOVE the leather, very soft, very squishy, but the color loss issue, specifically for duffles, had me nervous. I would consider it in another style, like a Molly, though. Seems like the Molly design doesn't have as much color loss issues as the duffles.

I have the duffle in the graphite berry and I love love love it! I carry it daily and the only reason you can tell its not brand new is the teeth marks my kitten put in my tassels! (He's a kitten though so I can't be too upset). Other than that... It's awesome and has been very resilient. There were a couple of times I thought I bumped into something that would leave a definite scratch, but to my amazement... No marks at all! I would say go for it! I know I did and I couldn't be happier with it!

I have the berry/graphite combo in the Rory. I haven't had any problems with any wear at all. Looks as good as the day I bought it.

I have the candace and no issues. Love this combo :smile:

I have the cement/black textured Rory. I've carried it quite a bit - and no problems with wear at all. Corner wear I had on the regular Legacy leather had immediate problems (within days or a week of use). The textured leather seems to have absored the dye much better.

I purchased the large graphite/berry duffle back in October/November. After getting the back home, I saw there was a small gouge in the leather. When I took the bag back into the store, they didn't have anymore and had one sent from JAX. When the bag came from JAX, the corners already had color loss :nogood: Obviously I had gotten someone's return, but the color loss kind of freaked me out and I ended up exchanging the bag for something else.
I LOVE the leather, very soft, very squishy, but the color loss issue, specifically for duffles, had me nervous. I would consider it in another style, like a Molly, though. Seems like the Molly design doesn't have as much color loss issues as the duffles.

I have the duffle in the graphite berry and I love love love it! I carry it daily and the only reason you can tell its not brand new is the teeth marks my kitten put in my tassels! (He's a kitten though so I can't be too upset). Other than that... It's awesome and has been very resilient. There were a couple of times I thought I bumped into something that would leave a definite scratch, but to my amazement... No marks at all! I would say go for it! I know I did and I couldn't be happier with it!

Just fyi... The textured graphite-berry Molly is on sale right now @ Macy's... $278 from $398.

Thank you so much, to each and every one of you. :flowers: This is what I love about tpf ... prompt, reliable feedback. That is SO helpful, and was exactly what I needed.

I got the black cherry Molly at my birthday a few months ago, and I absolutely love it. So much so, that I wanted to get a second while most of them are still available. I've been at it for over a week, trying to decide between graphite/berry, or tourmaline. Based on bits and pieces I'd read here in the past, I'd begun to realize that tourmaline would have been my "impulse" choice (what I mean is that it's a color I can sit and stare at, thinking, "oh so pretty" ... but I'm not sure I can pull off that bright of a color), while graphite/berry would be the "smarter" choice, (still a pretty color, but "smart" in the sense that the leather might be less likely to show wear longterm).

I went around on this for a week, so I finally posted here. Well I was running errands most of the day today, but I did get a chance to check this thread in the late afternoon. Reading your replies, my hunch was confirmed and I could finally say, "yes, the graphite". ..... Then I saw zaara's reply, looked at the clock, and realized I had exactly 15 minutes before I had to leave again to pick up DD at school. So I called my local Macy's, had one put on hold, picked up daughter, and went straight to the store. Got it, and I love it. :biggrin:

The leather is soooooo soft and thick and smooshy :biggrin:. I tried to take a pic of it while empty, but it was already so slouchy i couldn't even get it to stand up like that! I also added a silver medallion I had left over from a keyring I'd once purchased. Going to carry it tomorrow already. :biggrin:

So thank you to each of you. I finally made the choice, and I'm very satisfied with it. :flowers:

Attachments

• Clip1.jpg
    Clip1.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 691
momtok said:
Thank you so much, to each and every one of you. :flowers: This is what I love about tpf ... prompt, reliable feedback. That is SO helpful, and was exactly what I needed.

I got the black cherry Molly at my birthday a few months ago, and I absolutely love it. So much so, that I wanted to get a second while most of them are still available. I've been at it for over a week, trying to decide between graphite/berry, or tourmaline. Based on bits and pieces I'd read here in the past, I'd begun to realize that tourmaline would have been my "impulse" choice (what I mean is that it's a color I can sit and stare at, thinking, "oh so pretty" ... but I'm not sure I can pull off that bright of a color), while graphite/berry would be the "smarter" choice, (still a pretty color, but "smart" in the sense that the leather might be less likely to show wear longterm).

I went around on this for a week, so I finally posted here. Well I was running errands most of the day today, but I did get a chance to check this thread in the late afternoon. Reading your replies, my hunch was confirmed and I could finally say, "yes, the graphite". ..... Then I saw zaara's reply, looked at the clock, and realized I had exactly 15 minutes before I had to leave again to pick up DD at school. So I called my local Macy's, had one put on hold, picked up daughter, and went straight to the store. Got it, and I love it. :biggrin:

The leather is soooooo soft and thick and smooshy :biggrin:. I tried to take a pic of it while empty, but it was already so slouchy i couldn't even get it to stand up like that! I also added a silver medallion I had left over from a keyring I'd once purchased. Going to carry it tomorrow already. :biggrin:

So thank you to each of you. I finally made the choice, and I'm very satisfied with it. :flowers:

Yay! So glad u got one. I went to my Macy's today to check out the colorblock molly that's also on sale, but they didn't have one :sad: maybe I'll try online.

Awesome! Congrats! She's a cutey! Glad we could help!

Awesome! Congrats! She's a cutey! Glad we could help!
I got the graphite/berry duffle in Nov? And alternated between her and my Dragonfly..No Issues...They both still look brand new..Got the Tourmaline duffle 2 weeks ago, and while I love the soft, wrinkly leather, it's *really* delicate. I have "sport length" natural fingernails, but in trying to reach around it on the hook or on the car seat I've scraped it a few times..Not too noticeable to anyone but me, but still, kinda nerve wracking, you know? I can tell it's going to mark really easily, so I'm already in the market for matching polish. (I use a purse hanger, so I never have corner issues, my bags' bottoms rarely touch anything.)

I got the graphite/berry duffle in Nov? And alternated between her and my Dragonfly..No Issues...They both still look brand new..Got the Tourmaline duffle 2 weeks ago, and while I love the soft, wrinkly leather, it's *really* delicate. I have "sport length" natural fingernails, but in trying to reach around it on the hook or on the car seat I've scraped it a few times..Not too noticeable to anyone but me, but still, kinda nerve wracking, you know? I can tell it's going to mark really easily, so I'm already in the market for matching polish. (I use a purse hanger, so I never have corner issues, my bags' bottoms rarely touch anything.)

I'm so nervous about getting the legacy duffle. I'm worried about the wear factor. No issues with my dragonfly. I need to invest in one of those purse hangers like you. Thanks so much for the info!