Graphite and Etoupe too similar?

LuxChic

O.G.
May 18, 2006
Expert Advice needed please! Do you guys think these colors are too similar to have in 2 different birkins? Should I go with a Havanne instead or maybe Chartruese?

I'm a neutral girl:smile:

Thank you!

They are not similar at all. Etoupe is beigesh-gray with brown undertone, and graphite is almost black...it's like black with hint (very very slight hint) of gray.

If you really want to pick which one is more similar to Etoupe between graphite and Havanne, I would say Havanne is more similar to Etoupe than graphite.

I will add a slightly contrary view: ITA that the two colors are very different, but I would say that these two neutrals could serve the same purpose in a wardrobe, so a wildly different color might be fun. That said, I have both in my collection and love 'em both.

Here's a comparison: graphite and etain swift. I think the colour would vary with the leather, but in swift, you can clearly see the difference.

Attachments

• IMG_2941.jpg
    IMG_2941.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 1,045
Thanks for the comparison shots plumtree! Thinking about it now I think I will actually get good use out of a graphite. I've gone with pops of color and it just never seems to work...they end up just sitting in my closet! (larger bags i mean/clutches are perfect in a pop:smile:)

You know, I'm being really silly. The comparison pic was graphite and etain, whereas you wanted etoupe. Sorry! that comes from trying to do too many things at the same time!!

I dunno. I'm a huge grey person. Right now I'm looking for navy or black, but I have a graphite Birkin and I LURVE it. However, I was originally looking for Etoupe. If I found an etoupe, I'd probably jump on it. Although, I have to agree...they serve similar purposes in terms of wardrobe, the only caveat being that etoupe seems to go better with browns. Graphite and browns...not as much (in my opinion with my wardrobe)

Etoupe reminds me of mushrooms, that's me. Graphite, I have it in box and they aren't close and graphite is nowhere near being black, imho. It's gray, probably a level 6.5- 7, if you can imagine a 1 to 10 scale with 1 being the white with a pinch of gray and move up the scale to the darkest gray possible without being black.