Granny face syndrome (flat, long face, very low facial fat)--what should I do?

Locococoa

Sep 2, 2018
Hi!

I kinda figured out why people usually guess me to be middle-aged or that people say I look like I'm dying or look very old and bad...it's not so much wrinkles, it's the low facial fat and structure. My genes are very bad...and I'm afraid that I still need to lose 10-30 more pounds. I'm 150, 5"6 right now. My cheeks look sunken and droop a little. My eyes seem hollow and sick, and my face is devoid of youthful charm. Guys on the street call me ugly sometime...

I'd like to know what people versed in the aesthetic of "looking young" think. My current budget is about 10000$.

Last edited:
I think you're so pretty!! But if you wanted a more youthful face, I'd say fat grafting to the temple area and under eye fat repositioning. I've also seen some people have success with acculift around the jaw/chin for the lifted look. Fat grafting and under eye procedure is around 3M won ~ $2500 USD and acculift is about $1500-$2000.

Reactions: zaza13333
Who’s calling you ugly? Are these guys blind. You’re far from ugly or granny face syndrome. Very pretty girl with stunning eyes. Ridiculous. Judging from your photos I think you might be somewhat dysphoric and it has to do with you psychologically not physically. I had dysphoria and ended up having my structure face (cheekbone and jawline) reduced and completely destroyed my life.

Hi!

I kinda figured out why people usually guess me to be middle-aged or that people say I look like I'm dying or look very old and bad...it's not so much wrinkles, it's the low facial fat and structure. My genes are very bad...and I'm afraid that I still need to lose 10-30 more pounds. I'm 150, 5"6 right now. My cheeks look sunken and droop a little. My eyes seem hollow and sick, and my face is devoid of youthful charm. Guys on the street call me ugly sometime...

I'd like to know what people versed in the aesthetic of "looking young" think. My current budget is about 10000$.

You are so Purrty! Cute doe eyes, loove the lips & cupids bow. Like others have suggested all you need is a fat graft. Make sure to find a doctor who will give you a natural look & not overdo it.

I wouldn't recommend fat grafting to anyone until they have been stable at a bodyweight they are happy with. You don't want to do fat grafting now and lose weight afterwards as it'd be a waste of money since you would lose the fat added to your face.

@Locococoa, you are pretty and I do not think you need any plastic surgery. If you really want to plump up your face, you can consider noninvasive methods such as fractional laser.
It is dangerous to consider plastic surgery when one's self esteem is low as it might cloud your judgement.

Hmm...I think my face might be ok. It's just the contours are a bit odd and the flatness really doesn't look good/youthful to me.

might show more of the issue. I don't think it looks horrible or anything, it's just a somewhat masculine look--and looks quite weird considering the odd nasolabial folds. Some lighting makes it more obvious annnnd severe, which I really don't like. I always really liked the full, round cheek look but I think all I can do is just augment what I have rather than just change the shape altogether.

Sometimes, we are our own worst critics.
@Locococoa, I definitely won't suggest any invasive surgeries because you might regret with time. You are already pretty. You can try fractional laser, fillers and fats graft to plump up your face as suggested by some forumners here.

Wow. You are absolutely not ugly. I recently noticed that my lack of fat in the nasolabial area makes me look a bit older too. Honestly, before you go for a permanent/invasive procedure, I would try some cosmetic changes first. Grooming/microblading your brows can dramatically change your appearance and improve overall facial symmetry. Your upper lip is beautiful - you might benefit from a little bit of filler in your bottom lip to improve balance and remove lines. Plump, but not overdone, lips can create the illusion of youthfulness. You can also try cheek and temple fillers to fill out the hollow areas of your face. I would try doing them separately, to see the effect of each one on its own. it can help you pinpoint exactly what it is you don't like about your face, so that you can make a better informed decision if you do decide to have surgery.

Idk...random guys look at me like I'm scum. Just yesterday a random guy called me ugly when I was just tryin to read a book--I know these guys are cruel, but they're just basically saying what all men think...and I don't think I'll ever look good enough for any man, what they say is an accurate reflection of my attractiveness. I really wish I was my own worst critic! But, I do appreciate the nice feedback.

I'm gonna cut to 130 and then try the fillers and etc; and I'd consider more extensive stuff later on.

Idk...random guys look at me like I'm scum. Just yesterday a random guy called me ugly when I was just tryin to read a book--I know these guys are cruel, but they're just basically saying what all men think...and I don't think I'll ever look good enough for any man, what they say is an accurate reflection of my attractiveness. I really wish I was my own worst critic! But, I do appreciate the nice feedback.

I'm gonna cut to 130 and then try the fillers and etc; and I'd consider more extensive stuff later on.

Why do you care so much about "random guys" opinions? Random people are good at saying nonsense stuff. Maybe they just want your attention? What about your friends or family members? What did they say about your appearance? And why don't you believe us when we say you are not ugly?

Reactions: Mynameissue