Granny - a good colour or not?

Indiana

O.G.
May 26, 2009
I have the opportunity of buying a new and unused Granny First from '09. Looking through the threads, I like the colour but I'm just wondering if there are any issues I should be aware of e.g. fading/discolouring/colour transfer? Any advice would be much appreciated! :smile:

I have the opportunity of buying a new and unused Granny First from '09. Looking through the threads, I like the colour but I'm just wondering if there are any issues I should be aware of e.g. fading/discolouring/colour transfer? Any advice would be much appreciated! :smile:
I have a Granny Twiggy and I love it. Gorgeous colour that you don't see everywhere (which is some of the appeal). I have not had any problems with fading or colour transfer (but then again I tend to be very careful with my bags).

I have seen a Granny Day in Mount Street a while ago. A lovely pale colour, a bit like pistaccio imo. The leather was TDF but sadly as the bag had been living for a long whilein the shop's drawers, it looked a bit dirty on the handle and front and was handled too many times.

I had a 2004 pistachio briefly which is similar...absolutely the most gorgeous colour...totally beautiful. I was too scared to use it tho as it was so light that I thought it would soon pick up dirt even if I was super careful.
It is a lovely shade, as long as you are prepared to treat her with lots of tlc IMO.

I had a granny city. It is lovely color, so crisp and fresh. Goes with everything. I did have problems with color trasfer from dark jeans, but that will be the same with every light color. You also have to be really carefull with the handles to not get them dirty.

Thanks so much Loveheart, Mere and Croco. I am very careful with my bags but I do want to be able to enjoy her and I know I couldn't stand grubbiness... yikes, not sure which way to jump now!

I have a city and a twiggy in Granny. I just love the color so much. It's very versatile. For preventing the handles from going dark, I use LMB for handles only. It's the only thing I use on my bags coz I hate dark dirty handles on bags.
Aside from that, I never experience anything bad with the color, but then again, coz I just love it. I'm biased. :smile:

My first Bbag is a Granny GSH PT.
I love her to bits!
It is a high maintenance colour but she's worth it.
She is a little high maintenance but i'm amazed of the quality of Bbag
I've used everywhere: for travel, shopping, etc and the leather just keeps getting better