Grande lock bag- thoughts and opinions?

Mellee

O.G.
Oct 20, 2009
Hi everyone,

I am really loving all of Valentino's bags/shoes lately! What do you guys think of the Grande Lock bag pictured below? I've been wanting to add a red bag to my collection for awhile now. I was kicking myself for not buying a red chanel jumbo back when the bags were less than 3K but I feel like this Valentino bag could possibly be a contender. To me, it gives off a similar vibe- glam and a classic flap shape but a little edgier due to the hardware. Do you think it's too trendy and will be dated in a few seasons?

grande lock 2.jpg

And a few modeling pics of a black version by celebs:

grande lock 3.jpg

grande lock 4.jpg

Attachments

• grande lock.jpg
    grande lock.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 791
I just bought this bag in the black color. It is really beautiful and classic, with an edge of course! It reminds me of the Chanel classic flap bag, except the price here in the US is $2,095 + tax instead of 5 grand like the maxi flap Chanel which is the same size. However, I must say that the lambskin leather is extremely delicate and must be handled with absolute care. Scratches will probably be inevitable though at some point. Mine is brand new but still has a few scratches here and there which is disappointing but I guess it is just the nature of the leather.

PS; I think it will be gone by the time it "goes on sale". I actually do not think this model will go on sale at all. If you go to the official Valentino online store it clearly states that this item is "part of the permanent collection". Permanent collection items do not go on sale as far as I am informed.

Hi, I am sorry to "distract" the conversation, since you clearly state you want this particular bag, but there is a similar valentino bag on sale on stylebop.com. The model is called barolo and it is red. It is a legitimate and well known site in Europe. I am not that familiar with valentino and I am sorry if I am mistaken about the name of the bag.
I love the grande lock bag, I think it's a classic design. I understand the appeal of a classic chanel, but to me this bag is "edgier" but classy in the same time.