Grammer help.

dearmissie

I'm MARRIED!!
Aug 16, 2007
We're making a quick thank you note at the end of our wedding video. Our videographer needs us to send over the final message and I need help with the wording. This is what we've got so far.

We would like to thank all of our family and friends for all of the encouragement, constant love, and never ending support through all the years. We are so happy to have shared the most special day of our life with those we hold closest to our hearts. We look forward to sharing many more memories with each and everyone of you as we experience life's adventures together.

With love,
Mr. and Mrs. _________________

Should I say "We are so happy to have shared the most special day of our life" or "our lives"?? And should it say "one of the happiest days" or "the happiest day of our life/lives thus far"?? Because I'm sure when/if we have babies, that will be another happy moment. (man I'm so over thinking this..)

Also, should it be "as we experience life's adventures" or "life's adventure"?? I know there are many adventures in life, but also life in general is just one big adventure. Ahh, so confusing!!

Any input would be great. TIA!!

I would definitely say "our lives". And one of the happiest days, or the happiest day...doesn't matter which one you use, imo. The idea that it's the happiest thus far is implied.

CONGRATS BTW!!!

I think it's funny how much thought you're putting in to this when I can guarantee none of the viewers will care. Not that they're not going to care about you guys, but they won't care if you say "Life's adventure" or "Life's adventures". Ya know?

In other words, don't sweat the small stuff.

MichelleAntonia said:
I would definitely say "our lives". And one of the happiest days, or the happiest day...doesn't matter which one you use, imo. The idea that it's the happiest thus far is implied.

CONGRATS BTW!!!

Thanks. Rereading it you are right. "our lives" sounds much better. :biggrin::biggrin:

Charles said:
I think it's funny how much thought you're putting in to this when I can guarantee none of the viewers will care. Not that they're not going to care about you guys, but they won't care if you say "Life's adventure" or "Life's adventures". Ya know?

In other words, don't sweat the small stuff.

Perhaps. By I know it'll bother me if it's not proper. And I'll hear it from certain people my family (it will never be the end for me with them because yes I have some grammar freaks in my family who WILL point things out even if it's not needed.) It reminds me when we were wording our invitations. Oh gosh, that will killer. I can too much of a perfectionist sometime I know.. Oh well. ;);)

We would like to thank all of our family and friends for all of the encouragement, constant love, and never ending support provided to us throughout the years. We are so happy to have shared the most special day of our lives* with those we hold closest to our hearts. We look forward to sharing many more memories with each and every one* of you as we experience life's adventures together.

* Instead of life.
* Instead of 'everyone' .

I would omit the red, include the green, and change the orange to what I have.:smile:

We would like to thank all of our family and friends for all of the encouragement, constant love, and never ending support provided to us throughout the years. We are so happy to have shared the most special day of our lives* with those we hold closest to our hearts. We look forward to sharing many more memories with each and every one* of you as we experience life's adventures together.

* Instead of life.
* Instead of 'everyone' .

I would omit the red, include the green, and change the orange to what I have.:smile:

I like this one.