Grainy vs Smooth leather?

OneufaKnd

Apr 30, 2011
It seems like folks prefer smooth over grainy leather. Anyone willing to discuss why they prefer one type over the other?

I really like the grainy leather but maybe I'm missing something?

It seems like folks prefer smooth over grainy leather. Anyone willing to discuss why they prefer one type over the other?

I personal like the grainy leather over smooth. I think it is easier to take care and for shape keeping for graniy. :smile:

i personally prefer the smooth. i think it retains its shape better than the pebbled one. the grainy one seems to slouch after use but... but the advantage is scratches are not as visible. but it's really up to you. for me, if i see the color that i like, i can forego the structure or the bag being prone to scratches. it wouldn't really matter that much as long as you love the bag. it will all be part of the bag character :smile:

I second that! Love smooth because its shape stays structured for longer. I only like the slouched look on Bbags. For Celine luggages, I much prefer the structured look.

Please pardon my lack of knowledgeable as I am new to Celine. Am I to understand smooth is the same leather that's used on the Classic Box? I've been looking through some photos, seems like there are large grains and smaller grains for the pebbled version. Are my eyes playing tricks on me or are they actually different? TIA :smile:

^hi again, the smooth leather on the luggage is not the same as the box bags although this season they have introduced a few luggages in the box leather which are more expensive than the regular smooth luggage and only available in black and red. I'm not sure how the box leather would work on a luggage because all the box bags I have ever seen in stores have been scratched up, some pretty badly.

The pebbled leather of seasons past is more grainy than the new pebbled leather and is prone to slouching. The new pebbled leather has smaller grains and is called drummed leather and feels stiffer and more lightweight than the previous pebbled. HTH

^hi again, the smooth leather on the luggage is not the same as the box bags although this season they have introduced a few luggages in the box leather which are more expensive than the regular smooth luggage and only available in black and red. I'm not sure how the box leather would work on a luggage because all the box bags I have ever seen in stores have been scratched up, some pretty badly.

The pebbled leather of seasons past is more grainy than the new pebbled leather and is prone to slouching. The new pebbled leather has smaller grains and is called drummed leather and feels stiffer and more lightweight than the previous pebbled. HTH

Ah, this cleared everything up for me. Sounds like the new smaller grain leather is the ideal choice for me. Thanks so much Syma!

I like the new grainy leather from this season 2012 and it has the look close to Caviar Leather from Chanel.
6698082033_d803807710_b.jpg