Travel Graduation Trip Ideas

shoegal

O.G.
Mar 10, 2006
Illinois
My daughter loves to travel. She's been to England, France, Canada, Spain and Italy. What are fun ideas for a high school graduation trip?

clu13

Shoe and Bag Addict
O.G.
Oct 12, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Germany and Austria! Loved it! I have a friend who lives in germany (about 15 years now) and considers Austria the most beautiful place in Europe. Another friend married a man from Belgium and says the same thing. Both have been to every country multiple times over. We were there in December and it was breathtaking. I cannot imagine in the spring/summer.

shoegal

O.G.
Mar 10, 2006
Illinois
She's a dancer and she loves history - particularly the WWII era. She does like museums but I wasn't sure if I should do an exotic location. She's not really a lay around the beach everyday kind of teen.

bakeacookie

Nov 2, 2008
SoCal
How bout those historic tours that go to famous sites for WWII?

I want to go on a tour like this since I heard about it from AAA.

Ghettoe

Ghettoe
Sep 2, 2012
USA
What a great mom you are! I was just recently in Austria and it's beautiful, though not the most exciting place. What are some of her interests?
I agree it was asthetically pleasing but that was pretty much it. Though if you can ski maybe the experience would be different.

For Africa, I suggest Egypt or South Africa (S.A is absolutely stunning)
Europe, I liked Germany a lot

jpgoeth

Shopinator
Jul 6, 2007
What about Greece? Lots of history, lots of stuff to do, and it's cheapcheapcheap once you get there right now.

Morocco is also incredible. Fascinating history, some culture shock, and just really different than the places she's already been. Turkey might be good for this also but I haven't been so I can't say for sure.

Pams.spams

Apr 13, 2013
I think cruising is a good option! Sounds like she loves travelling and a cruise would hit many spots, plus she can relax during the at sea days, and there's plenty of fantastic shore excursions she can choose from depending on what she likes.

Caribbean can be as relaxing or active as she wants in regards to doing stuff like swimming with dolphins, etc or just hanging out in a beach.

European cruise would be educational and active with seeing all those historic sites.