Graduation Shoe

K-Mac

O.G.
Nov 4, 2009
So it's 2013 and I will finally be graduating from uni!

My present to myself for all the hard work is going to be my first pair of Louboutins which I will wear to the graduation ceremony. They need to be black and I want them to be an investment- a shoe that I could wear anywhere.

The only place I can really see the shoes is online so I was hoping you nice ladies here could suggest a couple of styles for me as I know nothing about Louboutins!

Are the simples a good first shoe? And should I go leather or patent?

K-Mac said:
So it's 2013 and I will finally be graduating from uni!

My present to myself for all the hard work is going to be my first pair of Louboutins which I will wear to the graduation ceremony. They need to be black and I want them to be an investment- a shoe that I could wear anywhere.

The only place I can really see the shoes is online so I was hoping you nice ladies here could suggest a couple of styles for me as I know nothing about Louboutins!

Are the simples a good first shoe? And should I go leather or patent?

I think simples or new simples are a lovely first shoe. It really depends on what heel height you'd like and what purposes you want them for after your graduation (Congrats btw!!!).

I think Ron Rons in black suede are beautiful and a practical pair you could get a lot of use out of. A good "work horse" shoe as some might say. Simples and New simples fit into this as well. I prefer patent but I think it's just easier to transition from a day to night shoe.

Otherwise if you don't mind height Bianca's are nice! But maybe leaning towards a less practical shoe (really depends on how you cope with height).

Do you want them to be closed toe? If you don't mind peep toes I think Very Privé's are an absolute classic (and for me, very comfortable).

This is just my insight, the other ladies will be much more helpful with out opinions and expertise!

Once again, congrats on graduating and good luck with your shoe choice!

(Where are you based btw? I would say its very important you get to try on some styles just so you know how they fit and feel. If you still need to buy them online at least you will have something to compare to, to ensure you get the right size/fit)

The Simples are a great first pair of Louboutins. There are also a variety of heel heights depending on personal preference. Patent leather vs. leather is also a personal preference. My first pair was the Simple 100 in black kid. I have never regreted my decision and gotten a lot of use out of them. GL and congrats on your accomplishments!

My first pair which I wore to my graduation ceremony was a pair of Very Prive. I still love it to this day. I'm not sure if VPs are still available, but I suggest Filo or New Simple. Can't go wrong with CL, but make sure you get to try it on.

Congrats on graduation!

Thank you everyone for the kind responses!

I definitely want a closed toe so will be looking at the Simple, New Simple or Ron Ron I think. Hadn't actually looked at the Ron Ron so thank you to those who suggested this style.

And in terms of heel height I was thinking maybe 85 but as you all say it really is best to try on a few styles/heights to find what works best for me.

I live in Glasgow- does anyone know where my nearest shop is so I can try on some styles?

Pam Jenkins is the only place I can think of "close" to you which is in Edinburgh. She may not have those particular styles but its worth just trying some on. Other than that I'm guessing you'd have to be in Manchester or Liverpool to find other Louboutin stockists..

Thank you everyone for the kind responses!

I definitely want a closed toe so will be looking at the Simple, New Simple or Ron Ron I think. Hadn't actually looked at the Ron Ron so thank you to those who suggested this style.

And in terms of heel height I was thinking maybe 85 but as you all say it really is best to try on a few styles/heights to find what works best for me.

I live in Glasgow- does anyone know where my nearest shop is so I can try on some styles?
House of Fraser had quite a large selection for a while but then it disappeared. You could check if they have them back in since I did notice his bags there last time but I never had time to look at the shoe department.
Otherwise as someone else said Pam Jenkins and also Harvey Nichols in Edinburgh.

I adore my simple 100's. they are a soft navy leather. Seriously, those shoes are like butter. I can spend an 8-hr day running around in them.

Think I might wear then today actually. Simples seem a good place to start.

Good luck!

I also live in Glasgow! Cruise carry a very limited selection of Louboutins. Harvey Nichols and Pem Jenkins in Edinburgh have a better selection but unfortunately we're not blessed with a lot of good Louboutin stockists!

House of Fraser had quite a large selection for a while but then it disappeared. You could check if they have them back in since I did notice his bags there last time but I never had time to look at the shoe department.
Otherwise as someone else said Pam Jenkins and also Harvey Nichols in Edinburgh.

Still no Louboutin shoes in HoF :sad: