Grab Bag for kids help

Sassys

Please get some Common Sense
O.G.
May 14, 2006
Hey guys,

A friend of mine is having a sleepover party for her 8yr old god daughter and we want to give the girls grab bags. I have no clue what little girls like; can you make some suggestions as to what we should put in the grab bags.

The girls are between the ages of 7-10. So far we have mad libs, pink ink pens & stickers

Thanks!!!

JNH14

Midlife...no crisis!
O.G.
Nov 3, 2006
Guess it would need to be used under close supervision. ^^ A lot of my 8-9 year old students get things like that in their gift bags, but are forbidden to use it until they get home with their parents. :nuts:

twinkle.tink

Choose to be happy
O.G.
Sep 19, 2006
Stickers and stationary items are fun, barrettes and hair items. Inexpensive sunglasses. I always like books too.

I agree with no nail polish, I don't think that is appropriate age at all.

My rule is if I would be worried about it at my house, than it shouldn't be sent home. That is just bad forum....

Guess it would need to be used under close supervision. ^^ A lot of my 8-9 year old students get things like that in their gift bags, but are forbidden to use it until they get home with their parents. :nuts:

k2sealer

I only wear live fur
O.G.
Aug 30, 2007
^^ She and I have no clue when it comes to kids. Can you give me a little more to go on. Not sure what you are refering to.

They look like this in the package or flat on the table:

The kids put them on the wrists like a rubber band but when you take them off they pop back into their original shape. The kids are insane for these right now. My DS is 8 and all his girl friends love them. They come in a variety of brands. I saw a couple of packages at my local drug store just the other day. You can probably call around to some of your local stores and just ask for silly bandz or wacky bandz, most of the clerks will probably know what you are talking about.

Another suggestion is cute little writing tablets and/or pencils. They can be the really small spiral notepads that are like 2" x 3" approximately.

JNH14

Midlife...no crisis!
O.G.
Nov 3, 2006
I see young girls wearing nail polish all the time-it's just light colors-at the nail salons moms bring their little kids in and have their nails and toenails done. I never had daughters, but I've had hundreds of little girls in my classes...and most of them wear nail polish in light colors. JMO and you both are entiltled to yours! In that thought process where would lip gloss be appropriate for 7-8 years olds?

Elara

O.G.
Aug 2, 2007
They look like this in the package or flat on the table:

wackyshapes.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/princess-silly-bandz.jpgwackyshapes.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/toysmith-zoo.jpg

The kids put them on the wrists like a rubber band but when you take them off they pop back into their original shape. The kids are insane for these right now. My DS is 8 and all his girl friends love them. They come in a variety of brands. I saw a couple of packages at my local drug store just the other day. You can probably call around to some of your local stores and just ask for silly bandz or wacky bandz, most of the clerks will probably know what you are talking about.

Another suggestion is cute little writing tablets and/or pencils. They can be the really small spiral notepads that are like 2" x 3" approximately.

They're called Silly Bandz-my almost 5 year-old is nuts for them too, as is every other kid in the neighborhood under 15.

GreekPharoah

in LVst
Jun 13, 2009
Hi all. Just stumbled on this thread. Silly bandz are all the rage here in nyc. It seems everyone of every age is wearing them. Little kids like to pile them on. People in their twentys wear one or twomat a time.

What about bubbles, animal crackers, ring pops or a toy from the disney store?

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
I see young girls wearing nail polish all the time-it's just light colors-at the nail salons moms bring their little kids in and have their nails and toenails done. I never had daughters, but I've had hundreds of little girls in my classes...and most of them wear nail polish in light colors. JMO and you both are entiltled to yours! In that thought process where would lip gloss be appropriate for 7-8 years olds?

I'm guessing you aren't referring to me but I'll answer :biggrin:

I don't mind my DD wearing nailpolish, but she likes to get into and make a mess, even if I think I've confiscated it. Same w/ all that cheapy little girl make up :sick:
No to lipgloss, that's why I suggested flavored lip BALM in my first post :tup:

MACsarah

BB+leather
O.G.
Sep 13, 2008
Someone has already mentioned this, but Silly bands! I volunteer with second graders and they are all the rage! If we needed the class to do something for us, we would reward them with 2. Everyone likes silly bands. They trade those things like pokemon.

Us older kids even started wearing them, although it was a inside joke. I think they are cute.