Goyard Sub Forum ??

I was told to come here and "complain", so here goes....while I can understand that posting about Goyard may start conversations, I disagree that cluttering up a board for the sake of starting new threads is a proactive approach. How about seeing how many actual members are posting on these threads and how many different members are starting them. If it's 5 members posting the same stuff on different threads, then I consider this cluttering and just trying to get the numbers up. I don't own this board and I am not affiliated with it in any way; just a member who is voicing her opinion. You can disagree all you like, but I think 13-14 threads on the same brand on page one of the general forum is overkill. Any other brand and the posters would be told to use the search function and find the answers that way. I also disagree with my thread being locked. All the Goyard posters could have used it as another vehicle to get their own forum.

I was told to come here and "complain", so here goes....while I can understand that posting about Goyard may start conversations, I disagree that cluttering up a board for the sake of starting new threads is a proactive approach. How about seeing how many actual members are posting on these threads and how many different members are starting them. If it's 5 members posting the same stuff on different threads, then I consider this cluttering and just trying to get the numbers up. I don't own this board and I am not affiliated with it in any way; just a member who is voicing her opinion. You can disagree all you like, but I think 13-14 threads on the same brand on page one of the general forum is overkill. Any other brand and the posters would be told to use the search function and find the answers that way. I also disagree with my thread being locked. All the Goyard posters could have used it as another vehicle to get their own forum.

I had seen a few of the threads at the time you posted your thread, but I was just over there and saw what you mean, and I have to agree with the statement above. Yet, if the mods tell people who want a subforum that the way to get it is to go start a bunch of threads, then that's what they're going to do, even if half of these lack substance and aren't much more than attempts at putting the brand on the title of a thread. Maybe that's how other brands came to have their own forums, IDK. To each her own, I suppose.
:yes:

Well, I guess only time will tell if it's going to be a subforum with staying power. We saw what happened to Dooney & Bourke... you could practically see tumbleweeds blowing through that subforum.

If people keep it active over time, and it's not just something that will be hyped up until they get their own subforum, then okay, I think they should definitely get their own place..

Ultimately, the more, the merrier. If it were not for the variety of designer forums here, I would've never discovered some of my favorite brands--HH and BE, for example. I wouldn't know of their existence. Seeing the bags here has also motivated me to look for them when I go to the mall to check them out IRL, and I like that kuz it's like seeing a celebrity in person. Even when I don't like or purchase certain brands, I value the access to information about them.

I want to say I never really knew alot about the different styles of goyard until some of these threads were started.

I saw the "calling all goyard fans" thread, but never went into it. The bags I had seen never interested me.
Until I saw some of the bags in the "celebrities LOVE their goyard" thread.

It seems like the "calling all goyard fans" thread ended up being the catch all, for all goyard questions. I'm sure the age of the thread had something to do with that, it was started 06.

I think the brand deserves more detailed threads than it has. The website for goyard is not really any help. Goyard's only mention on Purse Blog is for a traveling pet bowl, in 06.

But I am grateful for the breakdown of information. It makes it easier for me. I haven't had time to look at some of the longer threads on alot of topics.

I want to say I never really knew alot about the different styles of goyard until some of these threads were started.

I saw the "calling all goyard fans" thread, but never went into it. The bags I had seen never interested me.
Until I saw some of the bags in the "celebrities LOVE their goyard" thread.

It seems like the "calling all goyard fans" thread ended up being the catch all, for all goyard questions. I'm sure the age of the thread had something to do with that, it was started 06.

I think the brand deserves more detailed threads than it has. The website for goyard is not really any help. Goyard's only mention on Purse Blog is for a traveling pet bowl, in 06.

But I am grateful for the breakdown of information. It makes it easier for me. I haven't had time to look at some of the longer threads on alot of topics.

Be sure to check out BagThatStyle.com (affiliated with PurseBlog) as we also have a few celebs with Goyard up there!

I also agree that for the purpose of clarifying information about Goyard, multiple threads are certainly better. Right now, because we lack a subforum, though, it is a bit trying to keep track of all the new threads that are being started. Currently I must Search "goyard" in order to find these new threads to share my thoughts. A subforum would certainly simplify this process that I'm sure many other Goyard fans are having to experience.

Be sure to check out BagThatStyle.com (affiliated with PurseBlog) as we also have a few celebs with Goyard up there!

I also agree that for the purpose of clarifying information about Goyard, multiple threads are certainly better. Right now, because we lack a subforum, though, it is a bit trying to keep track of all the new threads that are being started. Currently I must Search "goyard" in order to find these new threads to share my thoughts. A subforum would certainly simplify this process that I'm sure many other Goyard fans are having to experience.
~Thank you~

I keep forgetting about Bag that Style.

Well said, Anna, and I do hope it happens!;)