Goyard St Louis worth it?

MrGoyard

Obsessed with Goyard
O.G.
Aug 4, 2011
I know this been asked a lot. But I'm wondering if Goyard St Louis bags are worth the money.
I'm going to Paris in October and I'm thinking about purchasing a Goyard St. Louis in black/black. I've been in love with this bag since the moment I saw it. But after a lot of research I'm kinda doubting.
So people that own Saint Louis bags, was it an investment? Or do you regret purchasing it and why? Thanks in advance! :flowers:

Longchamp

O.G.
Aug 17, 2006
The St. Louis is far from my favorite Goyard, but do have two.

For a guy I would recommend the Urbaine (if you can still get your hands on one), Ambassade, Boeing, Large Senat or Belvedere.

Keep us posted what you decide. :smile:

If you have your heart on the St. Louis, would get one. It's a great bag. I don't have a problem w/ cracking but don't load it down. Also I switch out my bags often.

Aug 30, 2011
I totally understand why you are hesitant. I researched this bag for at least a year and looked at tons of pics. And I decided I really needed to see the bag in person before I could commit to buying it. I bought the pm in grey this summer while in SF and I am glad I did. I get why some people think it looks flimsy, especially when compared to the LV NF, but it's actually a lot more durable and sturdy than it looks. The thing I like most is that I never see anyone else carrying Goyard in my area and I live in a large metropolitan area. No regrets at all. Good look with your decision OP!

MrGoyard

Obsessed with Goyard
O.G.
Aug 4, 2011

For a guy I would recommend the Urbaine (if you can still get your hands on one), Ambassade, Boeing, Large Senat or Belvedere.

If you have your heart on the St. Louis, would get one. It's a great bag. I don't have a problem w/ cracking but don't load it down. Also I switch out my bags often.
Thanks a lot for your reply! I'm definitely convinced with the St Louis, since I adore the unstructured look of this bag and price wise it's great. Love the Voltaire also, but the price, €1350 is a little above my budget. Will definitely check the options out that you've mentioned! :flowers:

MrGoyard

Obsessed with Goyard
O.G.
Aug 4, 2011
I totally understand why you are hesitant. I researched this bag for at least a year and looked at tons of pics. And I decided I really needed to see the bag in person before I could commit to buying it. I bought the pm in grey this summer while in SF and I am glad I did. I get why some people think it looks flimsy, especially when compared to the LV NF, but it's actually a lot more durable and sturdy than it looks. The thing I like most is that I never see anyone else carrying Goyard in my area and I live in a large metropolitan area. No regrets at all. Good look with your decision OP!
Thank you so much for your reply! This makes me very happy, can't wait to try it on. And the fact that it's pretty unknown is indeed great, with all the LV's around, it's time for something special! :flowers:

Weekend shopper

Mike Ness Fan!
O.G.
May 29, 2009
I definitely think the St. Louis is worth it. It has become my comfy go to bag. The straps do not dig into my shoulder which is a + factor for me. I also like the fact that the bag has such a light feel to it. I think you should definitely check the St. Louis out. I hope you enjoy your Paris trip:smile:

audreylita

Shopping's my cardio
Authenticator
O.G.
Mar 23, 2009
I was hesitant upon getting my first one, wasn't sure if it was worth it. I now own three and am eyeing two more colors. For reference I own other Goyard styles as well that are beautiful but the St. Louis stands as my favorite.

Thea Baghag

Dec 7, 2011
Thanks for your replies! Can't wait to get mine! :flowers:
I had no regrets so far on purchasing a goyard article.which in my case is a st. martin in orange. Having a goyard sets you apart from the hype of louis vuitton monograms. I had problems with peeling before but goyard replaced them free of charge and it doesn't peel anymore. I believe the newer one are of the same case. The thing I liked most was the "royalty treatment feeling" I got for having one that you will surely feel soon! :smile:

MrGoyard

Obsessed with Goyard
O.G.
Aug 4, 2011
I had no regrets so far on purchasing a goyard article.which in my case is a st. martin in orange. Having a goyard sets you apart from the hype of louis vuitton monograms. I had problems with peeling before but goyard replaced them free of charge and it doesn't peel anymore. I believe the newer one are of the same case. The thing I liked most was the "royalty treatment feeling" I got for having one that you will surely feel soon! :smile:
Many thanks for your comment! I also love the fact that Goyard isn't that famous and hyped. Happy to hear that they replaced your handles for free and that they're still intact. I'm so excited to purchase a Goyard, hopefully they have the one I want in stock. :flowers:

LT bag lady

MASTER ENABLER
Authenticator
O.G.
Apr 20, 2007
I got a St Louis GM last year in Paris, no regrets, it's my rainy day bag and my favorite carry on when traveling. I'm going back to Paris in a few weeks and will pick up a PM black/black! Go for it!

alterego

Dont touch my bag
O.G.
Jun 29, 2009

I love every single option you mentioned!