Goyard St. Louis less than four months old and handles cracking :(

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Early Access is now open to Nordstrom card members! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale. We're also giving away eight $200 gift cards to 8 lucky TPFers during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Wow! That's impressive service from the department store. Unfortunately here in the U.K. There is only one boutique you can buy Goyard from. No return, only exchange and credit note.

2. Neiman Marcus has excellent customer so you will likely be well taken care of. Please keep us posted. I love the look of Goyard but am so very disappointed with my experience with their customer service. I have never been treated so poorly. Jiangjiang- doesn't EU law apply for you? In another thread a gentleman in the eu said that eu law is very consumer focused. He said his Goyard tore after a short period of time and Goyard actually said the bag would be replaced. Only if that kind of response could be elicited here in the US. HA!

3. Ugh please keep me updated! I bought one from the London store in Dec and used it a couple times and then dropped it off in the San Francisco to get striped and letters. I haven't received it back yet but now I'm super nervous!!!

Shelly319 likes this.
  4. Please Lee us updated on what happens. I just got stripes and monograms on mine. Still haven't received it back yet. Quite nervous now!

5. I spoke with an SA in Beverly Hills who was actually very nice. She first asked me if I was local and I told her that I was local, but 1-1/2 hrs. away and that rather than bring the bag back into the store, I would be sending an email this evening attaching photos of the bag and all pertinent documentation. Not sure where this will go, but am cautiously optimistic given she told me that the paint should not be peeling this soon. I also asked if it could be redone and she hesitantly said yes, but that they just need to see what is going on. I will keep you all updated. I think mine is an isolated incident. However, if for some reason (wishful thinking) they were to offer me a new bag, I have to be honest I would not get another St. Louis. I would get one of their more structured totes. Heck, with the money I have spent for the GM and personalization, I am pretty much at $2,000. Whats another few hundred to get a more sturdy bag.

Shelly319 likes this.
  6. I'd definitely look into something more sturdy without thin handles. When I called the Beverly Hills boutique and asked if there were tote type bags that wouldn't have cracking handles after my bag started cracking the sa said that the sac hardy And another which I can't remember the name now also had handles that would eventually crack. Initially all I requested was replacement handles and I gave them other alternatives - get a different bag obviously I'd pay more or a replacement bag. None of those reasonable suggestions have been taken up. So now I just want a refund especially after I saw another tpf member complain about a cracking bag that he spent nearly 3000 on. Yeah I'd be even more annoyed if that happened! I think carefully about my purchases and when I spend money on luxury I expect quality and durability. Too bad in this case for me.

7. Well as long as you realize that it was intended to be a light weight beach tote and not for everyday use, you'll be just fine! Lol.

8. Here are photos of my chipping/peeling. I had no clue the paint was chipping until I starting taking photos this evening to send to Goyard. Pretty shoddy. Holy cow.

Attached Files:

9. Oh No! Those do not look good! Starting from one little corner, eventually whole thing going to peel off! They are not shy to charge for those paint, can't believe the quality is so poor!
    I hope you get it resolved soon!

10. Yikes that is bad. I hope you get your issue resolved.

11. I tried to send you a private message, but could not. I dropped my bag at Goyard today. They were very apologetic and said that the bag would be overnighted to SF for repair. Apparently, they can remove and replace monogramming. I asked them to please remove the stripes since they would be at greater risk for peeling/chipping in years to come and to leave the initials. The repair manager said that they would let me know if they are able to safely remove the stripes without compromising the canvas. I also told them that if they were unable to bring the bag back to its original purchased condition that I wanted as a replacement the Artois, which is very nice and the same price as the St. Louis. They actually have 2 sizes in the Artois. I will keep you updated.

12. Thanks for the update. Not sure why PMs aren't working. Sounds like you had a great experience with Goyard and treatment seems disparate. The receipt for my Goyard states that painting is good for three months only so it is good that Goyard is still willing to do something about the bag. The customer service at the Goyard I've been dealing with as well as corporate have been abysmal. I have been waiting for this to be resolved for three months now. I have a bad taste in my mouth as a result of my experience and have no intention of ever buying anything from them again. It saddens me because the canvas is beautiful and had they not been so difficult I would have paid more for a better bag - one that does not have a chance of cracking. On my end it seems that things may also be resolved but I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch. Stay tuned.

jiangjiang likes this.
  13. My Anjou bag is very light so I have felt it's convenient to carry my textbooks since I bought it last summer. but your thread made me alert that how I should take care of my bag.. it has no any cracking on handles gratefully. I heard a gassip that rich people use their Goyard bags to carry their babies' diapers. now i can guess why.

Attached Files:

14. The Anjou may be different. You should call the boutique to see if this was intended to be a beach bag. I was careful with mine but it cracked anyway.

15. I do not blame you one bit and I am still not entirely convinced that my dealings will continue to go smoothly. I did not look at my receipt, but surely will after this communication. For now I wait, just like you. Hoping the best for both of us.

Shelly319 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice