Goyard - St Louis GM vs PM

I am 5'0"! I bought the GM-I wanted a tote and the PM seemed too small. It didn't take long for me to realize I made a mistake. The GM was too big. Not only was it overwhelming for my frame, internally it was far more spacious than I needed. I found I was using it as a purse and would maybe throw something else in, such as a drugstore purchase, a scarf, etc. Anything larger such as my iPad would weigh it down pull it out of shape and make it look clumsy. The little straps didn't seem sturdy enough to support a bag that was filled with heavy items, and I didn't want a tote I had to baby. I gave up, sold it with the idea of buying the PM, which I never did.

As a tote, I felt the GM was poorly designed. While the size suggests its' for larger and heavier items, it doesn't have the necessary structure and support for its intended use. In my opinion, the PM is adorable and far more versatile than the GM size.

sorry to hear that!

I might end up getting a PM at some stage but I love the GM size on me for now.

My first St Louis was the GM in grey. I had my cousin pick it up for me so I got it without trying it on. I'm 5'2 and I love it. I find it to be the most comfortable bag on my shoulder. I may have a weird body type but my Longchamp big shoulder bag always slid off and it was super annoying. I did add a velcro shoulder pad from a diaper bag years ago to help but it was only a smidge better. I did recently get a black/tan GM to use for everyday only because I find the gray attracts more attention and the black/tan is more low key.

I used to carry extra shoes/cardigan before the pandemic in my GM but these weren't heavy but added volume which was nicely contained in the GM.

My first St Louis was the GM in grey. I had my cousin pick it up for me so I got it without trying it on. I'm 5'2 and I love it. I find it to be the most comfortable bag on my shoulder. I may have a weird body type but my Longchamp big shoulder bag always slid off and it was super annoying. I did add a velcro shoulder pad from a diaper bag years ago to help but it was only a smidge better. I did recently get a black/tan GM to use for everyday only because I find the gray attracts more attention and the black/tan is more low key.

I used to carry extra shoes/cardigan before the pandemic in my GM but these weren't heavy but added volume which was nicely contained in the GM.

The grey one is next on my hit list! maybe even getting it in the GM

I'm 5'1 and own both sizes. Only the GM handles will fit over a winter jacket/coat. I mostly wear it with the sides cinched, so it looks ok size wise. I wore both a lot when I was working in offices. Great to carry a Macbook back home and back to the office + regular stuff without getting too heavy or bulky.

My boutique said they intended the st Louis’ as a beach bag, not as a “workhorse” so not for carrying heavy items. I’d use a GM as a beach bag if I bought one, perfect for a towel and a cosmetics bag!

Yes!
First time I saw a Goyard was years ago in Nice, a couple of yacht girls laden with produce from the market. Looked like the perfect schlepping bag.

Took years to find out where to get them. Then was shocked at the price!

Reactions: Swanky
I’m 5’3/125. At first I thought thr GM would be overwhelming but I actually really like it. Of course it’s not an everyday bag (for me), too Big for say a run to the mall, but perfect for certain other occasions and for travel/carry on. I find it actually looks better with things inside. Trying it on at the store while the bag is brand new and stiff makes it look like one huge rectangle on your shoulder. I like it. I just purchased the GM in the metallic rose gold, which to me looks more like a bronze, apparently the last one in Paris :smile:
Could you post any pics? I'm a similar size and considering a GM!