Goyard St. Louis Durability

MademoiselleXO

Bon chic, bon genre!
O.G.
Nov 12, 2010
I'm considering getting a Goyard St. Louis for school but I'm scared my notebooks or laptop will wear it out too much :sad: I don't want the edges to get torn! Are these bags durable enough to be used for school?

Oh and miscellaneous question: is St. Louis pronounced St. Louie (like in Louis Vuitton) or St. Luis? :P

I've been pronouncing it like the location, although I'm sure in France it's different.

Mine has held up well, but the corners do eventually start to show wear. You can have leather patches put on them when the time comes. I've never heard anyone mention the bag tearing, though.

Overall they're durable but it's a linen canvas material, not kevlar, so it will hold up as long as it's not abused. I'm not sure how much you typically carry in your schoolbag but a few books and a laptop should not be a problem.

I think the worst part that will wear out are the handles if you load it too much. The gum tends to crack near the leather tabs that are stiched to the canvas. GM is perfect for a baby bag but you'll have to use some kind of organizer to keep things in place.

The inner lining of the St Louis is actually quite tough and durable, so you'll have no problems with notebooks and spirals catching on to it... but it depends on the laptop you have... I think you have anything heavy (i.e. laptop - unless you have the MacAir), it's not the best for the straps since they are so thin!