Goyard on TPF : Good or Bad ?

Goyard on TPF : Good or Bad ???

• TPF = good for Goyard

• TPF = bad for Goyard

• I don’t care about Goyard. TPF = good for ME

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm a big Goyard and tPF fan. But in this vast world, we devotees to Goyard on this forum are miniscule compared to the buyers and purveyors of the brand.

Koub, I loved your custom made bag, but I think fewer people saw it than you realize.

My vote was tPF is good for Goyard and we fans of the product.

Now if we could just get rid of all the fake Goyards in NYC, we'd be getting somewhere.

I'm a big Goyard and tPF fan. But in this vast world, we devotees to Goyard on this forum are miniscule compared to the buyers and purveyors of the brand.

Koub, I loved your custom made bag, but I think fewer people saw it than you realize.

My vote was tPF is good for Goyard and we fans of the product.

Now if we could just get rid of all the fake Goyards in NYC, we'd be getting somewhere.

Well said!

At this point in history, most middle class people can easily buy $50,000 items on credit, whether it's prudent of them too or not. A $2,000 handbag, while probably not sought after by the masses, is nonetheless accessible to anyone seeking said handbag.

I find it terribly inconvenient for a brand not to have an a-commerce site or at least a price list, especially when they sell through the mail order and give prices over the phone. Most brands aren't exclusive any more. The market's bifurcated; it's all shaken up.

^ITA

I like this discussion b/c tPF in general is very American, but i find the Goyard sub to be more international. It is nice to hear from a more worldly audience. I never considered the perspective that while we are drawn to the exclusivity and rather obscurity of the brand in our own circles of life, are we collectively undermining what is attacting us to the brand in the first place?

I have recently become fascinate by Goyard... And the funny thing is that i genuinely can't decide if i love it or think it is horribly overpriced treated linen. But I am starting to buy into the whole mystic of the brand. It is like what LV used to be.

i think i understand the OPs question...i'm not casting a vote, but i do feel that a goyard forum is good for tpfers. Whether it is something the brand would support, i'm not sure. Not many people are familiar with the brand because there isn't a store in every city, and on every continent. In all of europe there are only three stores (and two of those are right across the street from each other). If you think about it, not very many people are wiling to call a store on a different coast, or in another country to order a bag of which they've only seen pictures. There are no advertisements, and it is rarely featured in magazines. That alone keeps the brand more under the radar than most. Even on tpf, a website designed for bag (and brand) enthusiasts, this is probably one of the smallest forums on here...due in large part to its relative obscurity. So I think this is a good resource for the lovers and patrons of the house.