Goyard “Mom Bag”

Jan 27, 2009
Hi, everyone!
I’ve been wanting a Goyard bag for a while, but I couldn’t ever make myself pull the trigger on a St. Louis or Artois because I already have so many totes (including a Neverfull, which is the ultimate coated canvas workhorse, IMO). I also have a very rambunctious toddler son, so I was hoping for a bigger bag that would still be magically lightweight.
After lots of googling, I found an old photo from a fashion week on purseblog that sold me on the Grenadines. I don’t think it was a very popular one, and I believe it was discontinued in 2017(?), but I love it! The leather strap is thick and sturdy, the bottoms are reinforced, it’s lightweight - plus it zips! I wanted to encourage anyone else on the “mom bag” hunt to take a closer look at this underrated one, since I had a hard time finding any reviews/info about it. Hope it helps!581C64FE-4EE6-4D35-BE42-46BFF506CBDA.png63099C84-A562-473D-B956-A4B092219928.jpeg E450A2FA-4CDB-428A-9104-AC51473795AF.jpeg

Hi, everyone!
I’ve been wanting a Goyard bag for a while, but I couldn’t ever make myself pull the trigger on a St. Louis or Artois because I already have so many totes (including a Neverfull, which is the ultimate coated canvas workhorse, IMO). I also have a very rambunctious toddler son, so I was hoping for a bigger bag that would still be magically lightweight.
After lots of googling, I found an old photo from a fashion week on purseblog that sold me on the Grenadines. I don’t think it was a very popular one, and I believe it was discontinued in 2017(?), but I love it! The leather strap is thick and sturdy, the bottoms are reinforced, it’s lightweight - plus it zips! I wanted to encourage anyone else on the “mom bag” hunt to take a closer look at this underrated one, since I had a hard time finding any reviews/info about it. Hope it helps!View attachment 4520081View attachment 4520082 View attachment 4520084
Love the look of this bag, hoping to purchase my first Goyard soon. How slouchy does this bag get? May I ask how tall you are? I'm 5'2" and wonder if the Grenadines will look too large on me...thanks!

Love the look of this bag, hoping to purchase my first Goyard soon. How slouchy does this bag get? May I ask how tall you are? I'm 5'2" and wonder if the Grenadines will look too large on me...thanks!
Hi! I don’t use an organizer with it or anything, but I think the leather enforcements on the side give it a little bit of structure. The photo of the older woman above is a good example of the slouch it will get.
And I’m 5’11” so that probably doesn’t help for size comparisons! I also keep the strap on the longest setting.
As a side note, I think the resale/consignment sites photograph this bag fully stuffed because it always looks so strange and stiff in their listings.
Hope that helps!! And good luck with your search!

Hi! I don’t use an organizer with it or anything, but I think the leather enforcements on the side give it a little bit of structure. The photo of the older woman above is a good example of the slouch it will get.
And I’m 5’11” so that probably doesn’t help for size comparisons! I also keep the strap on the longest setting.
As a side note, I think the resale/consignment sites photograph this bag fully stuffed because it always looks so strange and stiff in their listings.
Hope that helps!! And good luck with your search!
Thanks, it's a toss up right now between this one, a Fidji or a St. Louis PM. I'm pretty small all the way around (under 100 lbs). and I have a tendency to buy too big (small dog syndrome :lol:). It's the width with the Grenadines that I'm most concerned about, the Fidji, being softer, won't look as wide. But the ones I've found so far have the inevitable wear on the corners. Not sure if I can pull off the St. Louis PM but again it won't be as rigid. Hmmmm....what to do :panic:. First world problems...

Reactions: houseof999
The Grenadines... hope it was the right choice, I love the look of it...
Awesome - I hope you love it! One more thing I thought of...I keep the zipper open or at least partially open most of the time (easier to grab things quickly), and I think that helps a lot with giving it a not as wide/stiff look. Once the top leather section softens up more, it probably won't matter as much, but the purse I bought seemed like it had been barely used, so I'm still breaking it in.

Awesome - I hope you love it! One more thing I thought of...I keep the zipper open or at least partially open most of the time (easier to grab things quickly), and I think that helps a lot with giving it a not as wide/stiff look. Once the top leather section softens up more, it probably won't matter as much, but the purse I bought seemed like it had been barely used, so I'm still breaking it in.
I rarely zip up my bags so I'm good with that. Yes, it'll depend quite a bit on how broken in my bag is when I receive it.
There doesn't seem to be a lot of hype about this particular style, wonder why it wasn't more popular? I think it looks great.

I rarely zip up my bags so I'm good with that. Yes, it'll depend quite a bit on how broken in my bag is when I receive it.
There doesn't seem to be a lot of hype about this particular style, wonder why it wasn't more popular? I think it looks great.
I've been wondering the same thing! The Grenadines is significantly lighter than my Neverfull, and I love having the ability to zip if I need to. I like the look of the St. Louis, but it's pretty common where I am, so I like having something more unique :cool:

I've been wondering the same thing! The Grenadines is significantly lighter than my Neverfull, and I love having the ability to zip if I need to. I like the look of the St. Louis, but it's pretty common where I am, so I like having something more unique :cool:
I don't know if I'm unobservant but I don't see Goyard around Vancouver. I'd like a St. Louis at some point and a Fidji. (Getting ahead of myself yet again). I'll be sure to post some pics when my Grenadines arrives!

Reactions: futurewoman
@futurewoman here she is :heart:...DH likes her too. This is my first Goyard, in fact my first coated canvas bag. Does it get softer? I don't think this bag's been used much at all, it looks very new. I'm sure the leather will soften but I know nothing about coated canvas (hemp, linen and cotton, I know, but canvas is easier to type ;)).

View attachment 4574228
Congrats! It looks great :heart: This is my first Goyard too, so I’m not totally sure about how its canvas will change. I feel like my Neverfull relaxed some after lots of use though.

Reactions: jpezmom