Goyard, Hermes or LV?

Goyard...chic, lightweight and practical! Oh and that rainbow of colors!!!! what’s not to love?!!!!

not a big Hermes fan. even less of an LV fan! I especially don’t like the canvas...hard wearing, yes. Aesthetically pleasing, no. Not in my eyes.

Reactions: Asphodel
I have a few Goyard card holders and wallets...as well as Hermes, LV too.

Goyard is cool but I feel theyre quality is becoming trash. Their exclusivity sells but I feel my LV and Hermes are much higher quality

Reactions: sundreamer
I had a Goyard St. Sulpice card holder in the special grey color a few years ago. I enjoyed the allure of the brand. And also the pattern and uniqueness of it. I’m going to pick up another Goyard piece, the St. Marc card holder in the same special grey color.

I have a Hermes Citizen Twill card holder which I really like and use often. Super high quality.

I could never get into LV. Not sure why, can’t put my finger on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 880
Goyard would be my pick of the three options. Always love seeing others wearing LVs but personally just never end up getting LV items if there are other options for similar styles. I have a very, very modest H collection and the big ticket items from them just don't seem to fit my lifestyle. The Goyardine just seem more fun at the moment:smile:

im primarily an Hermes person. i used to be a Chanel person and am rounding back to that. I’m getting older, so I love Goyards weightlessness. And the only LV I’ve kept is one of my favorite bags. . .here is a sampling of some of my favorites
4F77C070-DC78-42D9-8624-46E84840A8AA.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: viciel and poohbag
I have bags from all three brands and I love them for different reasons so its hard for me to choose.

LV- I have most experience with, collected their bags for over a decade now, have had all different styles and both leather and canvas as well as vintage pieces from the 80's and I have to say the quality, longevity and durability is superb.

Hermes- To me their craftsmanship of the bags are top notch and in my opinion out of all the brands I have the Hermes bags in my collection are crafted the best.

Goyard- Im new to Goyard but I have to say I am very impressed with my first bag. I needed a high quality canvas bag and since I have completely moved away from LV canvas Goyard fit the bill.

• Love
Reactions: 880
Owned numerous bags including limited editions, special orders and custom orders from all three brands across 25 years I mostly only use my Goyards nowadays. Same as many others my luxury entry brand is LV but my first LV bag was from the EPI line. I also own Chanel, Celine, Gucci, BV, Stella McCartney bags. I went thru an Hermès phase and acquired many Hermès bags - Birkin, Kelly, Bolide, GP, Evelyne, Medor, Jige, Trim, Herbag, in different sizes, colors and leathers along with small leather items. Oh not to mention so many shawls and silk scarves, and jewelry pieces. That phase lasted about 6 years also then I started buying Goyards. Once I started using Goyards I couldn’t go back to my Hermès bags. At this phase of my life I don’t care about what other people think or say of me and I don’t care about craftsmanship or exclusivity. It’s interesting as I get older I find most Hermès bags especially Birkins and Kelly’s don’t fit in my lifestyle any more. Evelynes are my favorite Hermès bags nowadays. Goyard wins because its light weight, its practicality, its ease to use for many different occasions. I actually like Goyard’s paper thin canvas on St Louis and it’s totally unstructured shape. I do use them as beach bags. One thing I do with my Goyards- I personalize them to make them more fun.

One more thing - I do agree with some ladies here on customer service. Hermès service can be a turn off. My SA’s tried very hard to sell me things I didn’t like from Hermès from diamond jewelry to perfume to their RTW (totally not for my build). At first I’d buy a price or two and then it became ridiculous and I had to tell them to stop...

Most recently I went to a Hermès store to buy a watch band for my Hermès Apple Watch. We moved and then Covid so it’s a store I’ve never shopped before. There was one customer in the entire big store but they wouldn’t let me go in because they wanted to make sure I get the “best service” and there was no SA available to assist me so I had to wait at the door! Two other ladies came right after me were very upset with this treatment. I shopped many other boutiques that day and that was a first.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 880 and limom
I bought LV for years and had one quality issue after another. Stitching not straight, stitching coming undone, glazing issues on a very expensive hardly used soft lockit as well as many other bags. I also had cracking all around the zipper on the canvas on two different bags. I had to return a wallet in Damier when the flap pattern did not line up with the body of the wallet. I came to be very unimpressed with their quality control. I have bought wallets, purses, scarves and bag charms and even a poncho from Hermes. I have never had a quality issue with Hermes. Not once have I ever had to return an item.

Reactions: limom