~*~Goyard Chat Thread~*~

I purchased two bags from Paris in Nov 2022. One dust bag has the big G and the other is smaller. My SL PM has the big G while my Artois MM has the small G. I had not noticed this until I saw your post. It's funny because the smaller dust bag had the larger G. These are my first Goyards so not sure if this is a change or just that the dust bags vary by type of bag.

But my experience is consistent with yours -- SL has bigger logo on the dust bag, Artois has smaller logo on the dust bag, while the text is about the same size on both.

AA14E032-089C-4903-9F6D-3542EFCB35AA.jpeg

Last edited:
Do you need an appointment to shop at the Goyard store in San Francisco. I’ll be in the city this weekend and I requested an appointment through their website and also emailed the store directly but have not gotten a response.

I have a general question. I purchased a St. Louis PM in black/noir from Bergdorf Goodman back in Jan 2013. I recently decided to sell it (sent it to Fashionphile) and they put it through authentication and said it was questionable and will return it to me. I unfortunately cannot find the original receipt (I moved multiple times) but have an old email from BG with a tracking number, amount paid, and the term “Day Bag.” Never have I ever had an issue with Fashionphile before when I sold Chanel, Fendi, GIVENCHY, and Prada bags to them. Has anyone else had such an experience when trying to sell a Goyard?

I have a general question. I purchased a St. Louis PM in black/noir from Bergdorf Goodman back in Jan 2013. I recently decided to sell it (sent it to Fashionphile) and they put it through authentication and said it was questionable and will return it to me. I unfortunately cannot find the original receipt (I moved multiple times) but have an old email from BG with a tracking number, amount paid, and the term “Day Bag.” Never have I ever had an issue with Fashionphile before when I sold Chanel, Fendi, GIVENCHY, and Prada bags to them. Has anyone else had such an experience when trying to sell a Goyard?
Not with Goyard, but I did have a similar experience with a vintage Prada. I was a bit annoyed, but I think they just didn’t want to take any chances.

Maybe try to sell your Goyard on eBay instead? I think FP offered me $900 for a new St. Louis pm. I recently sold one on eBay for $1605. They authenticate before send8ng it to the buyer so don’t know if you’ll have the same issue there. I’ve sold a few st. Louis toes over the last few years on eBay and they sell pretty quickly (I get bored with colors). Why anyone would pay retail for a bag they can order new from the boutique is beyond me but it’s happened a few times. Good luck!

I bought mine in 2013 , the leather is different now adays , my sister bought the same bag , the made the leather harder , and ours were softer like a paper .
That is why they are not sure , lack of experience.

Reactions: Glitter_pixie
I bought mine in 2013 , the leather is different now adays , my sister bought the same bag , the made the leather harder , and ours were softer like a paper .
That is why they are not sure , lack of experience.
Thank you! I did hear back from the authentication team after I forwarded them an old email receipt from Bergdorf Goodman. The authentication team admitted my bag is genuine but because of the difference in the older vs newer models (“inconsistencies”), they felt a potential clientele would question its authenticity. They are dropping the authentication fee and returning my St. Louis PM to me.

Not with Goyard, but I did have a similar experience with a vintage Prada. I was a bit annoyed, but I think they just didn’t want to take any chances.

Maybe try to sell your Goyard on eBay instead? I think FP offered me $900 for a new St. Louis pm. I recently sold one on eBay for $1605. They authenticate before send8ng it to the buyer so don’t know if you’ll have the same issue there. I’ve sold a few st. Louis toes over the last few years on eBay and they sell pretty quickly (I get bored with colors). Why anyone would pay retail for a bag they can order new from the boutique is beyond me but it’s happened a few times. Good luck!
Thank you! I was thinking the same thing. Might as well sell it on eBay once FP returns my Goyard.

Reactions: earthygirl
Hi All, I’m new to Goyard info. Would like to know if it is actually possible to get personalized St Louis bag within a day. I plan to visit a country with Goyard boutique and most probably it will be a day or two trip. Any chance to get the personalized bag?