Goyard changed their navy!

sarag505

bag obssessed...
Aug 6, 2008
Sooo I've been totally lusting after a St. Louis GM for some time now, and I FINALLY received my new babe from Paris yesterday!! :yahoo::yahoo:
I was expecting the navy I see on tPF, but when I opened my package, I thought the color looked a bit different..not BAD, but different. I remember the leather trim being more of a royal blue and the trim on the bag I got is more of a true navy. I emailed the Paris store and asked them if they had changed the color, and Franck confirmed that, yes they did change the color of the leather! He said it is darker now. Sooo, here she is! My new navy GM tote!!! :graucho:

PS: I also took comparison shots with my St. Louis PM. I'm just about 5'4" by the way, and although the GM is LARGE bag, I don't think it is too large for me. :smile:

IMG_0937.jpg

IMG_0935.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0939.jpeg
    IMG_0939.jpeg
    116.2 KB · Views: 22,587
  • IMG_0940.jpeg
    IMG_0940.jpeg
    119.4 KB · Views: 15,312
Hi gwen10, I'd say it depends where you live. I know that Goyard SF doesn't charge tax if they're shipping to a state that doesn't have Goyard (ie: not CA, NY, MA)...I ended up paying about the same price as the GM pre-tax once you add in shipping, customs fees and international credit card fees. So I saved 10% (well, like 9.5%) by ordering from Paris. Not a lot, but I guess it's kinda neat to say its directly from Paris!! HTH!

Hi gwen10, I'd say it depends where you live. I know that Goyard SF doesn't charge tax if they're shipping to a state that doesn't have Goyard (ie: not CA, NY, MA)...I ended up paying about the same price as the GM pre-tax once you add in shipping, customs fees and international credit card fees. So I saved 10% (well, like 9.5%) by ordering from Paris. Not a lot, but I guess it's kinda neat to say its directly from Paris!! HTH!

I have made two purchaese from Goyard SF and I live in NY they only charge taxes to destinations within CA, since the shop in shops in NY and MA are not freestanding they aren't a "store." If you would live in CA and would like to shop tax free you can call Bergdorf. I once made a purchase at BNY on Madison and shipped to CA and was charged tax because of the BNY in BH and now the BNY in SF crazy that I could have a walked a block over and saved $50.

I have made two purchaese from Goyard SF and I live in NY they only charge taxes to destinations within CA, since the shop in shops in NY and MA are not freestanding they aren't a "store." If you would live in CA and would like to shop tax free you can call Bergdorf. I once made a purchase at BNY on Madison and shipped to CA and was charged tax because of the BNY in BH and now the BNY in SF crazy that I could have a walked a block over and saved $50.

Now I am confused?? I am thinking abt getting a goyard. I live in NYC, so which way (Barney, Goyard SF or Goyard Pairs) do u ladies think is the best to order the bag?

Saraga: that color just gorgeous! Congrats on ur new bag!

Oh wow! That's good to know Damier Dork!! Do you know how much Bergdorf's charges for shipping?