Goyard Bags

1. Exclusive early access to the Fendi.com online sale for TPFers! To access, hit the link above, then navigate to Woman and then SALE to get early access before anyone else!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Hi,

anyone here owns a Goyard bag? 'am interested to know more about this brand.

2. The aesthetic just doesn't do anything for me.

3. Hi!
    I like the fact that they're very vintage looking and not very well known, but they're really overpriced, especially the coated canvas totes...

4. I'm actually looking to buy a Croisiere 25. I do think they are overpriced given the fact that they are not leather but coated canvas. I like the fact that you can personalized them. I'm looking at Goyard as an alternative to LV. I guess I'm lucky there is a Goyard store in SF.

5. They are listed on Barneys wesbite if you are looking. I guess these are really popular in NYC- just not my taste.

6. not my cup of tea either. looks like a really bag easter basket!

7. How do you pronounce Goyard? Never heard of it. *Blushes* hehe

8. I pronounce it like go-yard. Maybe I'm wrong? Like jag said, Barney's and I think Takashimaya carry it. They also have a store in Union Square in SF.

9. Thanks for telling me. =)

10. I've never really seen the appeal of these bags. There's a Goyard section at the large Holt's in Toronto, and every time I've gone there it's always empty !

But I must say, Bryanboy's pictures of his wallet and agenda have really made me appreciate the smaller accessories. I think it may be just a brand that people who know their stuff would understand as outstanding in quality.. as well as price ! Kind of like the Volkswagen Phaeton (the 130K Volkswagen !!!)

11. There were a couple of posts discussing Goyard a few weeks ago. I know a few people on the forum have Goyard bags, ones that were specially made for them. I think they are great...love the pattern and colors.

12. Not one of my favorites.

13. They call Goyard as the Mother of all Monograms -- started a year earlier than LV -- the reason why their bags/stuff are so expensive is because the monograms are handpainted, the canvas are waterproof.

I agree though, that the design is not as eyecatching as the other designer bags, but I guess depends on the 'eye of the bagholder' ;).

Pnay71 -- Goyard Croisere 35 was seen being carried by Jessica Simpson recently :smile:...so the brand is going mainstream, it seems :smile:

14. Yes, handpainted and waterproof but still canvas. :sad: I still want to get one. The last time I went to Barney's, I saw a trunk on display with my initials on it and I've been wanting one (not the trunk) since then.

I saw that pic of JS and I've tried on the 35. It's much too big even for a big bag lover like me.

BTW, there was a thread on Goyard back in October. You might want to look it up. A few people talked about their bags.

15. Ayla,
    I thought of Goyard as blah before. But then, Bryantboy's pics did it for me. I think its growing on me, just the small little stuffs.