Goyard Artois MM vs LV Neverfull MM Epi?? So torn!!

sierrapi

O.G.
Sep 25, 2006
Hi all, I am a *huge* fan of my LV Neverfull Damier, but have been lusting after a Goyard for years. That chevron print! I think people either love it or hate it, and I love it!

I finally decided to bite the bullet, visited the SF store, and decided against the St Louis PM because I need something more sturdy and forgiving. Sort of fell in love with the Artois MM in grey, but it’s so much $$ (for me) that I want to be sure it’s the right investment. I’m a little concerned about its width, given that I’m on the smaller side (5’2”, 115lbs). That said, I think it’s a great bag, but gosh I just love the Neverfull MM so much - its perfect for work and travel, and I love it’s overall structure.

If given the choice, would you go for the Neverfull MM Epi in black? Or the grey Goyard Artois in the MM size? I’m also mildly considering a Fauré le Page, but tbh I’ve never seen one in person so I’m a lil hesitant - and not sure I’d love it as much.
Any recs would be so appreciated! Thanks so much!

I have the Neverfull in all 3 prints - this is a great bag and my most used bags! However....I am itching for a Goyard Artois PM because: 1.) it's different; 2.) it has a beautiful chevron print; and 3.) it has a zipper. I am 5' and would like to have a smaller bag than a Neverfull as I have enough large totes. I would go for Artois MM if I needed another larger tote and am considering MM as a second purchase. You can't go wrong with either size. Go for the Goyard!!

I have all three but my never full is damier not epi leather.
My order would be the goyard artois first because of the zipper and then the faure le page. I think my least favorite is my never full. For LV I prefer the iena because of the zipper and the front pocket. The last time I traveled I used my goyard gm and it was perfect. Hope that helps and let me know if you have any other questions.

Reactions: sundreamer
My order would be the goyard artois first because of the zipper and then the faure le page. I think my least favorite is my never full. For LV I prefer the iena because of the zipper and the front pocket. The last time I traveled I used my goyard gm and it was perfect. Hope that helps and let me know if you have any other questions.
Thank you so much - so helpful!

I have the Neverfull in all 3 prints - this is a great bag and my most used bags! However....I am itching for a Goyard Artois PM because: 1.) it's different; 2.) it has a beautiful chevron print; and 3.) it has a zipper. I am 5' and would like to have a smaller bag than a Neverfull as I have enough large totes. I would go for Artois MM if I needed another larger tote and am considering MM as a second purchase. You can't go wrong with either size. Go for the Goyard!!
Love this - I think I’m gonna go for it! Thank you!

May I ask which size and color Fauré le Page you have? And is it the daily battle? The 32 seems to be super close in size to the Neverfull MM... thanks!

I have two Neverfulls, a Faure le Page DB 32, and an Artois PM. They all serve different purposes for me. The Neverfulls are my work horse bags. I like the size and shape the most out of all my totes. I toss them around without worrying about wear and tear. Neither of my neverfulls are epi, but I have had other epi bags that have held up wonderfully. The Faure le Page is a great option if you want something a little less "everywhere". With use mine has become buttery soft and slouchy, which I love! If security important for you, they also make styles with top zippers. Another benefit to FLP is that they come in many different sizes, I think around 4 if I'm not mistaken. The Artois is definitely the the most structured option, even compared to epi leather. Its a beautiful bag and very functional, but due to its stiffness I find it slightly less comfortable than my LV's and FLP. Good luck with your choice!

Reactions: sierrapi
I prefer Goyard Artois. More quiet-chic for everyday than LV which I find is more fun.

Sometimes the print is a little too anonymous (i.e. at CLE airport, another lady with LV neverfull got a plastic bin by the TSA agents vs. I was ordered to put my Goyard Ambassade directly on the conveyor belt :-s etc. etc ) but I lived through it!!

If this is your first purchase of designer bag, do you still recommend the goyard? Ideally I would love to have both, but if it’s your first which one do you recommend to get? I feel like everybody who recommends the goyard already have the neverfull as well