Goyard Artois

I just bought an Artois in sky blue from SF store. I haven't checked purseforum for so long that I didn't know that there's an MM size already. I was initially going to buy the Marquises but it's only available in yellow and red. The bigger Artois is a dream! Finally, a zippered big tote that is as light as the St. Louis! I didn't get a picture though. I left it for my initials to be painted on. So happy with my new bag!
To those interested, last colors left in SF are Bordeaux, yellow, and (I think) orange.
Which size is more like the St Louis pm? I've been holding off ordering to gather more info. I don't live near a store. Can't wait to see pictures.....

I just bought an Artois in sky blue from SF store. I haven't checked purseforum for so long that I didn't know that there's an MM size already. I was initially going to buy the Marquises but it's only available in yellow and red. The bigger Artois is a dream! Finally, a zippered big tote that is as light as the St. Louis! I didn't get a picture though. I left it for my initials to be painted on. So happy with my new bag!
To those interested, last colors left in SF are Bordeaux, yellow, and (I think) orange.
I didn't know there was an MM size! I saw someone carrying the PM in red at a bookstore and while it was lovely, it seemed a tad shallow in depth.

Which size is more like the St Louis pm? I've been holding off ordering to gather more info. I don't live near a store. Can't wait to see pictures.....

Hi LLANeedle! Definitely the Artois MM. The original Artois size is around 15.5″ L x 9.5″ H x 5.5″ D.
While a St. Louis PM size is 19 x 11 x 6"

I didn't measure the MM size but it's definitely not as huge as the GM.

I didn't know there was an MM size! I saw someone carrying the PM in red at a bookstore and while it was lovely, it seemed a tad shallow in depth.

I know! I was pleasantly surprised when I found it at the SF store! I couldn't resist and bought it! Haha! It looked very functional with the leather-ed corners and the zipper. It can definitely hold a lot more than my wallet, phone, and make up kit.
The sales guy said the Artois MM is only available in the US. Not sure how accurate that is since he may be just doing his spiel to make a sale.

I know! I was pleasantly surprised when I found it at the SF store! I couldn't resist and bought it! Haha! It looked very functional with the leather-ed corners and the zipper. It can definitely hold a lot more than my wallet, phone, and make up kit.
The sales guy said the Artois MM is only available in the US. Not sure how accurate that is since he may be just doing his spiel to make a sale.

So the Artois MM is available in the US? I'm interested in more info! If anyone has an SA from a particular boutique/store they can share i would love to find out more! I liked the SL pm but thought the handle drop was a bit too tight/not long enough.
For those who've seen the Artois MM, would you say it's comparable to the LV Neverfull MM particularly in the handle drop?
Thank you!

Reactions: LLANeedle
The SA that I talked to is Giles in SF.
Wish I can help you with the sizes versus LV Neverfull but I don't have an LV so I can't make a comparison.
I did compare the Artois MM to the Marquises. The Artois MM is very slightly bigger with softer leather. Better handles and structure for the Marquises though. Handle drop is longer on the Artois MM than on Marquises. I tried both on with a coat and the Marquises was too tight. The Artois MM handle drop was just right. It was one of the reasons I bought it versus the Marquises. Hope that helps!

The SA that I talked to is Giles in SF.
Wish I can help you with the sizes versus LV Neverfull but I don't have an LV so I can't make a comparison.
I did compare the Artois MM to the Marquises. The Artois MM is very slightly bigger with softer leather. Better handles and structure for the Marquises though. Handle drop is longer on the Artois MM than on Marquises. I tried both on with a coat and the Marquises was too tight. The Artois MM handle drop was just right. It was one of the reasons I bought it versus the Marquises. Hope that helps!

Thanks so much for this info! If it's not too much trouble, do you have any photos or modeling shots you can share? And the dimensions of your MM bag? And the price? I wonder if all the Goyard boutiques and/or stores have the Artois MM now. Thanks in advance!!

Thanks so much for this info! If it's not too much trouble, do you have any photos or modeling shots you can share? And the dimensions of your MM bag? And the price? I wonder if all the Goyard boutiques and/or stores have the Artois MM now. Thanks in advance!!

Sorry Jc.chen58! Hubby and I just saw the Goyard store in SF on a whim. We were just on our way to the hop on hop off bus when my loving hubby pointed out the Goyard store. I wasn't psyched going in since I know they don't have the light blue Marquises but hubby insisted. We were in a hurry when we got inside plus it took awhile for me to decide on the free initials. So I didn't have time to take pics. Kicking myself now for not taking pics :sad:
It will take 5 business days for the lettering. I'm leaving soon so it will be shipped to a relative and I will get it in June.
Maybe other members can post modeling pics :smile:

Sorry Jc.chen58! Hubby and I just saw the Goyard store in SF on a whim. We were just on our way to the hop on hop off bus when my loving hubby pointed out the Goyard store. I wasn't psyched going in since I know they don't have the light blue Marquises but hubby insisted. We were in a hurry when we got inside plus it took awhile for me to decide on the free initials. So I didn't have time to take pics. Kicking myself now for not taking pics :sad:
It will take 5 business days for the lettering. I'm leaving soon so it will be shipped to a relative and I will get it in June.
Maybe other members can post modeling pics :smile:

Thanks reeco! Enjoy your bag!!!

Hi there.. does anyone have a picture or measurements of the larger sized Artois? I called the Goyard store in SF recently and was told that they came out with a larger size of the Artois around Christmas 2016. I was going to buy the Artois PM, but I'm now debating on whether I should get the larger size.

I saw the gm size last weekend in NY at the boutique. Loved it. I wish I'd inquired as to price. On may be in my future. It seemed about the size of the St. Louis GM but slightly more structured.

Does anyone know if a small MacBook Air or 12" MacBook would fit into the PM? The measurements seem large enough (15" wide I believe) but they look so small in photos! I don't have anywhere close to see them in person. Also, does anyone know if the tan trim is treated leather or natural? I am looking for an all-weather/rainy day bag and not sure if this bag would be appropriate.