Tech Gotta get a new phone, which Android phone is tops?

Junkenpo

Maui Strong...♥️
O.G.
Jan 23, 2007
I have a macbook pro, a ipod touch, and an ipad3. I drink the apple koolaid, but I don't feel the need for an iphone.

I'm with VZW and I have a Droid X and I'm happy with it even though it is only 3G. I use it to call, text, and facebook... occasionally for internet on the go. The only reason I'm thinking about upgrading is because it's starting to fritz and the charger thingie is wonky and I'm having difficulty getting it to charge.

I'm thinking probably another Droid... Razr? DNA?

Or would this be a good time to check out the Samsung Galaxy?

I'm someone who wishes the new phones weren't all so dang big.

Right now I don't think anything is coming out, but the Galaxy Note 2 is the most recent offering from Samsung. It's kind of big, though. Obvs, there's the Galaxy S3, but that's been out for 8 months or so. It's still a great phone. In the non Apple world, Samsung is the leader.

I would go with the galaxy S3, I have an older galaxy phone and I really like it. Definitely way better than the HTC. It is kind of big, you're right about that. I'm sure the motorolas would be good.

If you don't want to have a contract with the phone, I would recommend the Google nexus 4. Its not sold in stores though, only through the Google play store. Its a complete android experience and you don't have to worry about the android and phone company's software being different or incompatible inside the same phone.

Good luck choosing!

Man, I hate having to pick out new phones.... too many choices on the market and so many big phones. I went to our local vzw store to finally check them out in real life and they are huge! especially when compared to my lowly old droid x.

I'm familiar with the droid types so i'm leaning toward the dna, but i'm curious about trying something new which is why i started looking at the samsungs.... S4 launch is rumored to be late march? I don't know how much longer my phone will last, but i guess i could wait and see if i can hold out as long as possible.

Defer my choice until I really have to choose.

I think you should also consider one of Nokia's new Windows Phones, they've been selling really well. There are a lot of Microsoft stores/booths opening up, so you should be able to easily check one out.

If it HAD to be Android, the Samsung line is amazing, even Steve Wozniak admitted that it took better pictures than iPhone.

I'm someone who wishes the new phones weren't all so dang big.

It's a shame that Blackberry is dying a painful death because they are still the most physically durable phones out there, and I also think that they are the best phones for international travel. The Blackberry Bold is smaller than it's Windows/Apple/Android competitors, and texting is always a little bit faster and a little bit easier with a keyboard.

Last edited:
Blackberry is back with their new phone, have yet to test it myself but from my previous years of having them it seems like another good option. Cell phone is like cars now, some say the bigger and faster the better, while other are content with a decent one that takes them from a to b without fuss.

I tested the new blackberry as I was considering upgrading my bold 9900. It's a cool phone and everything is all new with the swiping up to go back, etc. I've chosen to switch to android though bc there are more apps and generally more to do. Most of my friends have left blackberry so for me it's useless without bbm.

I recently got the note2....I LOVE IT.... theres nothing it can't do...I do wall art... interior design & can draw layouts...measure. ..clip ideas with the stylus pen etc....its a beast!!

I got the sony xperia z but im in the UK and not sure if that phone is even being released in the US. I also have an ipad so it's best of both worlds with ios and android. I'm new to android so still getting used to it all but so far loving the endless customization. I used to have a blackberry before btw so definitely like the fact there are loads more apps.