Got to Visit My Puppy! *yes pictures!*

A name with a 2-sylable sound is good. Then you can shorten it to the one sylable sound to get her attention when she is doing something she shouldn't.

Saying "Reg-gie" sends a differnt signal than "Reg!" If you are consistant in the way you use her name and with your tone - communicating and training will be easier for you both.

She is a cutie!!

A name with a 2-sylable sound is good. Then you can shorten it to the one sylable sound to get her attention when she is doing something she shouldn't.

Saying "Reg-gie" sends a differnt signal than "Reg!" If you are consistant in the way you use her name and with your tone - communicating and training will be easier for you both.

She is a cutie!!

Ha! When I tried it out; her name shortens to Kat (as in Meow!). Kinda cracked me up, but I think we will try that!

Yesterday we got the dog food and water dishes and actually put them in the kitchen where they will go. I can't tell you all how excited we are just looking at her dishes! We also got her a toy box, so she knows where to find toys that are hers and approved things to chew on! We are official 2 weeks away now.. and the count down begins! :wlae:

And thank you all for the compliments!! I bet you are going to get sick of all the photos I'll post when she is home with us!

We are now 5 days away from picking up Katie! The dog toy chest is set up and filled, the cabinets are filled with dog food and healthy treats, her bowls are set out, dog beds in place, brush and grooming items handy, vet appointment made, leash collar and bandana's ready.... we seriously just need to pick her up!

Saturday morning we will be 2 + 1 cute pup. This past weekend we came up with the nickname Katie-pie (like cutie pie). Ha! I can't wait!

We are now 5 days away from picking up Katie! The dog toy chest is set up and filled, the cabinets are filled with dog food and healthy treats, her bowls are set out, dog beds in place, brush and grooming items handy, vet appointment made, leash collar and bandana's ready.... we seriously just need to pick her up!

Saturday morning we will be 2 + 1 cute pup. This past weekend we came up with the nickname Katie-pie (like cutie pie). Ha! I can't wait!

You sound so excited--my husband and I were just like that with our beloved chocolate lab Finnegan--then somehow, mysteriously we ended up with two two legged furry creatures too...best of luck with your new little love.