...got the SO call... so excited!

Here is my two cents worth of advice: (This is my approach)

1. Try to pick a color for the outside that you'd use all of the time if it were only a one color bag.
2. Then, pick the leather that makes the color look best to your own taste.
3. Next, pick the hardware color that looks best with #1 and #2.
4. For the inside lining, pick a color that you really like/love but wouldn't necessarily carry as bag if that color were on the outside. (I think that's why a lot of H fans pick colors like Rose Shocking, Soleil, Vert anis, orange, and so forth.)
5. After you are set on #1, #2, #3 and #4, you are almost done with your SO. :smile: Now, you need to visualize how the bag would look if (a) only the inside lining was a contrast color; (b) the inside lining and the outside piping were contrast colors; (c) you like the look of having the handles be a contrast color; (d) you like the look of having the front straps be a contrast color. My suggestion is to use colored pencils (or crayons) to sketch out each option to give you a better sense of what each would look like.
6. After you're comfortable with your decision, then you go to your SA, tell/show her what you're leaning towards and ask for her opinion.

P.S. Oh, and you should know what size you're looking for. I use mine as a tote so 35 is more practical for me. :smile:

such wonderful advice! thank you :hugs:

Maybe I won't even really like waiting and prefer not to do it again...I'm pretty much an instant gratification kind of gal:blush:

Waiting sucks. I have ordered a few time with much disappointment. I do it order so anymore. It's just not worth the wait, anticipation, then disappointment. That being said, my SA knows to call me if people don't take their orders. Most of hem are just too wackythough but I do still check them out before denying.

1. Try to pick a color for the outside that you'd use all of the time if it were only a one color bag.
4. For the inside lining, pick a color that you really like/love but wouldn't necessarily carry as bag if that color were on the outside. (I think that's why a lot of H fans pick colors like Rose Shocking, Soleil, Vert anis, orange, and so forth.)
5. After you are set on #1, #2, #3 and #4, you are almost done with your SO. :smile: Now, you need to visualize how the bag would look if (a) only the inside lining was a contrast color; (b) the inside lining and the outside piping were contrast colors; (c) you like the look of having the handles be a contrast color; (d) you like the look of having the front straps be a contrast color. My suggestion is to use colored pencils (or crayons) to sketch out each option to give you a better sense of what each would look like.
6. After you're comfortable with your decision, then you go to your SA, tell/show her what you're leaning towards and ask for her opinion.

P.S. Oh, and you should know what size you're looking for. I use mine as a tote so 35 is more practical for me. :smile:

Excellent advice!!! :okay::okay:

I just typed this in another thread, and I assumed you store will also use the SO online system to place your SO, and the ways how you can colour your bag have changed since last year, we don't get so many options as some members have stated above now:

Now you can only choose one of the following options:
1) single colour in a SO only colour/leather

2)Bi-colour:
a) Exterior in one colour, and lining and piping in one colour (the lining has to go with the piping)
b) Exterior in one colour, and lining,straps, handles, piping in another colour (strap, handles and pipings has to be the same colour, you can't have just the strap or just the handles in another colour)
c) Exterior in two colours (3 sides/ colour: front and flap in colour 1, sides in colour 2) and lining, straps, handels, piping is the same as the sides.

3)tri-colour:
Exterior in three colours, (2 sides/colour: front in 1 colour, flap in another, and sides in the 3rd colour) and lining, straps, handels, piping is the same as the sides.

The SA have a list of available colours/leather, I think it is better if you call them up first to check what are available on that list, and pick a few options from that list, then come home and play around with the colours before you make your final decision.

Ok so I went with orange..... I'm not going to say the accent colors because I'm crossing my fingers I will get a horse shoe! Lol

I thought for my first SO I would go with a classic color they will make forever.

Of course i cannot wait for her to arrive.
SA says around August~ish. Yay!

Hi,
I think everyone has given excellent advice! One important thing is to consider is this going to be an everyday bag, therefore go with a neutral combo. Or is it going to be a stand-out bag, and therefore go with a combination you don't see often. To get ideas, the thread on here is helpful with color combos. Also, the Japanese websites like L'Eccrin have some interesting color combos you may not have considered. You should see available swatches in store and look at the SO sheet to see if the colors you want are available in the leathers you want. The more colors you have, the longer the wait will be. I did an SO in fall with graphite and etain since it will be an everyday bag but my SA said be Adventurous!!! I told her I need to buy some more brights to work up to Adventurous!! That being said, do what your heart's primary dream color is.

;)

Great advice :smile:

Just to add, it's always good to have a back-up choice even if all the colors you want are available to SO, just in case. Congratulations! Can't wait to hear what you decide :smile:

:goodpost:

Very helpful. Thanks!