got the new Chyc bag ~ plus there's another one on page 6!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Save 25% off all Jeans at Nordstrom. Sale ends Sunday at noon EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #46 Jul 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
    ^Hey maxter! Yes, the leather is really durable. It is "mouton" (sheepskin) that is textured in what they are calling a "tweed" pattern. I admit that it is a bit stiff but it is so carefree. Love it. Since it has been 90+ degrees every day for the last two months, it has been way too hot to carry my YSL patent bags, but this is just as durable and more wearable year-round.

2. I think I need to check this one out IRL. I'm really liking it. Just a bit different from a CC flap.

We are having the same weather! But I know the snow will be here soon enough.

3. Congrats!! Ugh the Chyc bag is growing on me!! :nogood:

And that Downtown is gorgeous!!

4. Thanks margaritas!

Maxter, I actually sold my black Chanel classic flap recently because I knew I'd be getting the Chyc bag. The Chanel flap always felt "dressy" to me and honestly, I mostly used it for special occasions. The Chyc is easier to wear casually IMO; very under the radar too.

5. I also prefer The Chyc.

Of course, it's not an objetive opinion as I'm in love with Ysl :angel:

6. My birthday was earlier this week and I treated myself to the Chyc small wallet to match my bag! :biggrin:

[​IMG]

It measures about 4 3/4" by 4 1/4"

[​IMG]

On the "Y" ornament side is a coin compartment with snap closure

[​IMG]

The other side has a tab closure, two bill compartments, and 10 credit card slots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. Here is how the Chyc small wallet compares in size to my full-size Ymail wallet

[​IMG]

The Ymail wallet fits in my bag. But if I use the Chyc small wallet (as shown here), I can fit my big sunglasses case too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. Congrats :woohoo:

9. ^Thank you! :flowers:

10. Ive been thinking about doing the same thing!

11. ^Lol! I've got nothing against Chanel; I've owned 4-5 Chanel bags over the years. But the wide strap on the Chyc is so much more comfortable than the chain strap on the Chanel classic flap. Its just easier to wear all around.

12. really chic and very roomy for a small bag !
    Thanks for sharing Cosmo :tup:

13. happy belated bday! love your chyc bag and the structured bag trend. oh my, that wallet has so many slots! You've got great taste cosmo...

14. ^Thanks jujuto and randr21! :biggrin:

15. [​IMG]

Both are gorgeous! The smaller, tan Chyc bag is my dream bag. Do YSL bags ever go on sale? :girlsigh: