Got the job!!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Save 25% off all Jeans at Nordstrom. Sale ends Sunday at noon EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hey everyone! I have a Coach group interview coming up in a few days for a part time position! anyone have any tips on how to do well and stand out while being appropriate at the same time! I mean what should I wear? What should I say? Anything else I need to know? Thanks!

2. I don't have any tips for you, but I just wanted to wish you the best of luck!:tup:

3. Me too!!

4. Ooo exciting! I wish I lived close enough to a boutique to work at one part-time!
    Just be yourself, dress nicely and you'll do great I'm sure! Good luck!

5. If you can, wear a white long-sleeved oxford button down shirt and black or grey pants or a black or grey skirt with black closed toed shoes. Be yourself! If you know a lot about coach to begin with, you won't have a problem getting hired. I work part-time in a boutique and really like it - but I do have to say that I am starting to buy too much! I do love the discounts, though! Good luck!

6. Make sure you stand out in a group interview! Be friendly and smile and be extra polite. Also make sure you participate and show that you are outgoing. Good luck! You will do great!

7. Yes - I agree with kabaker - definitely smile and show that you are outgoing - that will definitely help! Try not to be nervous - there were only 2 in my group interview - not all of the potential associates show up. Mine was very easy......

8. good luck! :heart:

9. thanks for the advice everyone! I really hope I get this job. Chimi, I just have a question! What are the part- time hours like anyways?

10. Good luck! I hope you get the job. :tup:

11. First of I would like to say good luck on your Group Interview. Is this for the Coach @ Square One? I live near there, I can't wait to go there and it's open 2 days b/f my birthday.

Speaking as a manager (not for Coach, but I wish!), what I like to see from people who I am interviewing is good eye contact with the manager who is speaking to you,
    smile, and have a good attitude. It would also help to know about Coach. Check the website for any information that may help you with the interview. If you have questions, ask them. But I wouldn't ask about the pay and the discounts. I'd wait until they tell you about it.

As for your attire, I would suggest a pair of dark coloured pants or a pencil skirt, a button down shirt and a pair of closed-toe heels.

I don't know if this is of any help to you. Be yourself.

Good luck!

12. Tattersall, You can pretty much have the hours you need - but they expect you to be available during the times you put on your availability sheet. I sort of overcommitted myself when I first started - thinking I was 20 again! LOL! I don't know what I was thinking. I had to change my avail. sheet in January because I was just too worn out. I only work about 10 hours a week anymore - sometimes more and sometimes less. When you are learning things, though, it probably would be best to work at least 3 times per week if you can, though. That way it is much easier to remember everything. Just let me know if you have any more questions - I'll be happy to answer them.

I haven't been on here in awhile - been really busy. Good luck!

13. Good Luck! What a fabulous job prospect!

14. You will have to ask the manager that question. Did you give them a set availability when you applied? Part-time can be considered 2-3 times a week for about 3-4 hours per shift. But definitely ask the manager.

15. Another thing that Coach does - at least at my store and here in Texas is that they usually schedule you for 4 hour shifts or so....so keep that in mind.