got the galet in GSH PT? do you think its too big on me??

meluvbags

O.G.
Mar 7, 2006
hi guys! need your help again! so i ordered in the galet in GSH PT and i love love love the color and hardware combo. but now im a little unsure about the size. i think the PT looks a little awkward on me bc of its east west shape. i feel like the sides stick out when i look at in from my side view. im about 5/4.

for those who own the PT and GSH, do the sides slouch eventually make the E/W shape less obvious??? does anyone think i should opt for the City instead?? decisions decisions...:sad:

thanks for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_2366_2.JPG
    IMG_2366_2.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_2372_2.JPG
    IMG_2372_2.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 462
  • IMG_2374_2.JPG
    IMG_2374_2.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_2368_2.JPG
    IMG_2368_2.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_2373_2.JPG
    IMG_2373_2.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 185
I think it is the perfect size to you!

attachment.php

PT and GH are perfect combination. Galet is such a beautiful color. Believe me, Galet needs to be bigger to show off its beauty.

Congratulation!

I am also 5'4" tall and have a hard time deciding on whether or not a bag looks too big on me. I opted for the City, because it looks more like a tote or purse on me than the PT. If you have any doubts, then it's probably because you're thinking the same thing. Why don't you try carrying the City........and the PT, and see which one you're the most comfortable with. :thinking:

I like how it looks on you from the side, but I can see a bit of discomfort in the way you're standing with the bag in front of you. I think you should opt for a city if the EW-ness of the part-time is bothering you. It really isn't for everyone and for me at least, the bag has not slouched considerably on the sides. (I love my giant PTs, but I am also 5'9" = 175cm!)

I am shorter than you, and I have both styles with SGH.

Generally, I prefer the City, but when I have a few extra things to carry, I really appreciate the extra space in the PT. It definitely starts to slouch with time and will look less E/W...you might try weighing it down with heavy knick-knacks or whatnot and hang overnight. I've accelerated the breaking in process with a few of my new bags that way.

Good luck - that Galet is gorgeous!!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

i think it looks beautiful on you, but i can see how you might think it's too large. if you're not used to carrying a bigger bag, you may want to opt down for the city. it depends on what you like and what makes you feel the most comfortable. do you have the ability to go try on the city to compare the two sizes?

thanks for all the replies guys. i love big bags usually its just the EW shape that i am not used to right now. i think if the bag does end up slouching then it might be better. unfortunately i am not able to try the city as there isnt one around me. i might need to order the city and just compare them side by side.

does anyone have modeling pics of both city GH and PT? thanks again!