Got something cute from LV BUT~~~

I'm not going to bother justifying how I spend my time here, though I will say that I have worked many a day that long in my time & I check my purchases before I take them home so that I'm happy with them, but that could just be me. Sorry you're not happy with yours.

I'd try bicarbonate soda or drying sheets, though if it's been locked up in a drawer or something the smell will probably disspate quickly enough.

Thanks for your suggestion dear. Appreciate it.. Yeah hope you understand that the opportunity cost to and from LV is not worth it. I would rather just leave with it. It is also perhaps the store is too crowded that I can't wait to rush home and leave without smelling it first. LOL

I have this wallet, but I never noticed a "smell" about it. I think it's so adoreable and I love it. It's not my everyday wallet but more for travel and I think it's nice and don't think it looks "cheap" at all. But it sounds like you are turned off by the whole thing, so I'm not sure why you're not going to return it. Sounds like you need to, by the way you feel about it.

Hi dinitegrity, I normally see you in the Chanel forum, sorry to hear about your new wallet, there's nothing worse, I don't know about you but I love it when I can smell the leather I'm always smelling my new Chanel wallet my DH thinks I'm crazy but I just can't get enough of it lol, sometimes LV can get so busy & I have to agree some of the customers are there for ages looking at several items & then walk out with nothing, I too usually know what I want to look at & it's usually only a couple of items & I allways make my mind up quickly like when I purchased my GST it took 5 minutes & even the SA said I wish all customers were like you. Hopefully the smell will go if you leave it to air.

Hopefully the smell will go away once you air it out for a few days.

It's a cute little wallet. I'm thinking about going to the store to have a look at it and buy it for my mom.

Congrats!

Yeah indeed is a cute wallet. I store it inside my Chanel flap and glad that it attain some of my lovely Chanel genuine leather smell. LOL. Show improvements in the scent now

Hopefully the smell will go away once you air it out for a few days.

It's a cute little wallet. I'm thinking about going to the store to have a look at it and buy it for my mom.

Congrats!

Yes indeed is a cute wallet. I store it inside my lovely Chanel flap and glad that it absorb some of the genuine leather smell now!! :cool:

I have this wallet, but I never noticed a "smell" about it. I think it's so adoreable and I love it. It's not my everyday wallet but more for travel and I think it's nice and don't think it looks "cheap" at all. But it sounds like you are turned off by the whole thing, so I'm not sure why you're not going to return it. Sounds like you need to, by the way you feel about it.

I don't think you read my full story. Read it first then comment. Thanks.

I have other LV items that doesn't smell like this too. So obviously this is the only case it is like this. I am not saying the smell is on all Helene wallet.

And when have I said it looks cheap? Re-READ again.

Hi dinitegrity, I normally see you in the Chanel forum, sorry to hear about your new wallet, there's nothing worse, I don't know about you but I love it when I can smell the leather I'm always smelling my new Chanel wallet my DH thinks I'm crazy but I just can't get enough of it lol, sometimes LV can get so busy & I have to agree some of the customers are there for ages looking at several items & then walk out with nothing, I too usually know what I want to look at & it's usually only a couple of items & I allways make my mind up quickly like when I purchased my GST it took 5 minutes & even the SA said I wish all customers were like you. Hopefully the smell will go if you leave it to air.

Hi dear, glad that you are like me who LOVE genuine real leather smell. My Hermes and Chanel are sniff to death by me!! I love sniffing them. LOL. Your DH is same like my DH. LOL.. Think that we are crazy sniffing our bags and wallets. I am glad that now the smell isn't that bad anymore after storing it inside my Chanel Flap and it kinda absorb my Chanel flap genuine leather smell. So I sense an improvement and am sure it would get better~!!

I love this wallet. I have never noticed a smell from lv good or bad but I dont smell my LVs

I totally love this wallet too. The design etc is so chic and suit my everyday lifestyle. LOL. Anw, the good news now was that the cheapo smell is getting away after my method of storing inside a genuine leather bag. :P