Got Shawl and ring, NEED HELP!

Feb 18, 2008
Ok ladies, HOW DO YOU WEAR YOUR SHAWLS USING THE RING??? Need help desperately, along with good instructions please. They did a whole demo for me at H, and just like anything else, it's really easy when they are there doing it for you, but when you go home and try to do it yourself, it just doesn't look the same!

TIA! :heart:

The easiest way to do it is to lay the scarf out flat. Fold in the ends toward the middle, folding over until you have a thin oblong. Take one end and pull it down through the ring. Take the other end and pull it up. Voila! The ring should be in the middle with two ends hanging down. You can also do this by just folding the scarf into a triangle and pulling the ends up and down the same way.

Hope that helps!

HM, you can go into the other thread on 'What shawls, scarves, pointu, etc are you wearing today' to see the many variations...:yes:

I already scoured that thread and saw very little actually using the ring. Most just tied it like a "shawl". Unfortunately, I look AWFUL with that style of wearing....

Love the suggestions so far. Would love to hear more ideas. I know they are out there...:heart:

I already scoured that thread and saw very little actually using the ring. Most just tied it like a "shawl". Unfortunately, I look AWFUL with that style of wearing....

Love the suggestions so far. Would love to hear more ideas. I know they are out there...:heart:
Oh, so sorry I didn't help much. Hmm...I know what you mean...

HM, do you wear the regular 90cm scarves? If so, tie it as you normally would with your 90cms. If there is too much of the ends hanging, wrap an extra time around the neck.

I got two shawls recently and usually i just wear them folded in a triangle with the middle pointing down the center of my chest and the two ends wrapped around my neck and then looped under the big point. It's great for making your summer wardrobe of t-shirts and lowneck tops last into fall! :smile:

Great thread, I have one ring, would love another but have no clue. I usually put my 90cm through the rings with the triangle point in the back and let them hang down and the ring holds it together, aside from that I have no clue as to what to do.