Got offered a not so perfect Birkin..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get it...why so much reason for Hermes...I love Hermes but I treat Hermes like how I treat Chanel, Tiffany, etc etc...

If I get something not up to my standard and I pay a lot of money for it then yes I should of said something and expect better from them. I skip from Chanel to Hermes because of the quality issue in Chanel however I never have this issue with Chanel.

Maybe I just have a high expectation on luxury good quality..If I don't care then why pay so much and go through the hassle...just buy a fake (not that I would:P)

Personally I would have been surprised too. When I have been offered a bag it still has the plastic on the box, and like you I wouldn't be happy if the bag was abnormally slouching straight out of the box. This is coming from someone whose *favorite leather* is clemence, so i love that they get a little slouchy over time. Same with my recent togo's (which honestly look identical to clemence) Yet none of mine, when new, came out of the box remotely slouchy. My new ones, 6 months later still aren't slouching.

The one thing I would have done different than you is politely explain to your SA that you really do love Ultraviolet, it was only the condition of the bag that gave you pause. If he is offering you 3 colors to choose from, he already loves you, so pointing out a clear difference in condition wouldn't have offended him.

Enjoy your rubis!

Personally I would have been surprised too. When I have been offered a bag it still has the plastic on the box, and like you I wouldn't be happy if the bag was abnormally slouching straight out of the box. This is coming from someone whose *favorite leather* is clemence, so i love that they get a little slouchy over time. Same with my recent togo's (which honestly look identical to clemence) Yet none of mine, when new, came out of the box remotely slouchy. My new ones, 6 months later still aren't slouching.

The one thing I would have done different than you is politely explain to your SA that you really do love Ultraviolet, it was only the condition of the bag that gave you pause. If he is offering you 3 colors to choose from, he already loves you, so pointing out a clear difference in condition wouldn't have offended him.

Enjoy your rubis!

You and others are right that I should of point out the problem..now my collection without UV...always learning something new:smile:

I just received my togo SO B and it hasn't slouched at all. And I am trying to get it to slouch a bit. Like I said, I don't think being slouchy has anything to do with the quality. It's just different characters of different leathers.[/QUOTE]

me toooo. my etoupe clemence B is taking forever to slouch and get that mushy feel :sad:

my togo B35 was shrink wrapped in the box, with the plastic torn open in front of me in the H store. it was slouching on both sides of the front panel. i don't mind as i know each bag is unique and different..!

Rubis with GHW is a beautiful combination! Congratulations. As others have noted, some prefer slouchy bags and bags with character. Although they were not what you were looking for, I am sure they will find good homes! Enjoy your gorgeous new bag. I have seen this in person and find it stunning!

I would really like in which part if the world there is so much stock...especially such sought after colours!

No kidding!

And as for problems with Chanel I wrote at nauseum in '08 regarding a major defect on a limited edition flap, which drove me straight to Hermes. Not only did I see my strap in 3 sections with tears zipping past the stitch holes but I saw similar stitching on the bon-bons that were on the shelf for sale. Granted 6 months later the purse was sent to Paris for a new strap but jeasy creasy it was something I wish never to repeat. When Hermes pieces start showing up with defects of that magnitude and claim nothing is wrong, that's the end of the line for moi.

Togo and clemence are different. My togo kelly has veining. Granted some togo is veinless but it seems more the exception than the norm. Veining reminds me of water meandering down glass or stone. It never fails to stop my world as I watch it do so.

No kidding!

And as for problems with Chanel I wrote at nauseum in '08 regarding a major defect on a limited edition flap, which drove me straight to Hermes. Not only did I see my strap in 3 sections with tears zipping past the stitch holes but I saw similar stitching on the bon-bons that were on the shelf for sale. Granted 6 months later the purse was sent to Paris for a new strap but jeasy creasy it was something I wish never to repeat. When Hermes pieces start showing up with defects of that magnitude and claim nothing is wrong, that's the end of the line for moi.

Togo and clemence are different. My togo kelly has veining. Granted some togo is veinless but it seems more the exception than the norm. Veining reminds me of water meandering down glass or stone. It never fails to stop my world as I watch it do so.

The difference between Togo and Clemence, at least to my eye, has shrunk. Both my togo and clemence from 2012 have veining. Both are equal weight, equal leather thickness, and same exact grain feel/size. Whether it means they have beefed up the clemence so it looks more like togo or togo has become thinner and softer, I am not sure! But the difference between would not be a determining factor choosing a color for me anymore, as they look identical lately. :shrugs:

Sorry for being off-topic OP!

The difference between Togo and Clemence, at least to my eye, has shrunk. Both my togo and clemence from 2012 have veining. Both are equal weight, equal leather thickness, and same exact grain feel/size. Whether it means they have beefed up the clemence so it looks more like togo or togo has become thinner and softer, I am not sure! But the difference between would not be a determining factor choosing a color for me anymore, as they look identical lately. :shrugs:

Maybe they are the same leather? It happens that they mislable something. Just a thought:shrugs::wacko:

I had heard others mention this phenom. Very strange change; why bother offering both leathers if they are now identical; a question for Hermes to answer.

Maybe they are the same leather? It happens that they mislable something. Just a thought:shrugs::wacko:

this has been true across my Rouge Casaque Clemence, 3 Capucine Togos I have seen in person (one that's mine, one that is a friend's and another 40cm i declined), and my Menthe Togo. All those togos look very similar not only to my 2012 RC clemence but also my parchemin clemence from 2008.

just my personal experience when you look at them directly next to eachother! i hope i haven't upset anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.