Got my Speedy 35B Today - Is this normal...?

pinkdiamonds

Nov 2, 2011
I got my Speedy 35 today - Questions - is this normal?
Hey everybody! I got a huge box today and a beautiful box and the Speedy 35 b. I was just curious if the way it is is normal - I'll list below...
They said it was a "new" bag when I ordered it. (I said I didn't want a return) THen she said I'm getting the last one they had in stock...

1. The lock was attached to the zipper; the box was inside (empty) and the keys were inside the bag on the bottom.

2. The zipper pulls are "brushed" not shiny. Is this normal?

3. The zipper is "tight" / not rough, but not smooth as butter either. If anyone owns a dooney bag, this zipper is not like the dooneys.

Thank you!
I got my Speedy 35 today - Questions - is this normal?
Hey everybody! I got a huge box today and a beautiful box and the Speedy 35 b. I was just curious if the way it is is normal - I'll list below...
They said it was a "new" bag when I ordered it. (I said I didn't want a return) THen she said I'm getting the last one they had in stock...

1. The lock was attached to the zipper; the box was inside (empty) and the keys were inside the bag on the bottom.

2. The zipper pulls are "brushed" not shiny. Is this normal?

3. The zipper is "tight" / not rough, but not smooth as butter either. If anyone owns a dooney bag, this zipper is not like the dooneys.

Thank you!

Jul 18, 2011
Hi! When I got my Speedy B 35 they had already attached the lock and my lock did somewhat look like it had been touched (had a few finger prints on it). My keys were in my pocket in the box not at the bottom of the bag...so that is kind of odd! My zipper is kind of tight but I like that! It shows that it hardy and just think of this way, if someone is trying to open your bag while you're wearing they definitely won't be able to! haha you'd either feel it or hear it! I've had my Speedy B since May...I was one of the first ones to get one and I LOVE it. I have not had one problem and it will always be my favorite bag. It really is a wonderful bag but if you aren't 100% in love then get a different bag! But I don't think you'll regret your purchase!

germanshepard

Jun 22, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I bought my Speedy B 30 last Saturday from LV boutique. It's fresh from the new inventory. The handles are protected by 2 transparent plastic sheets. There are cut cutboards to guard the 4 pieces of brass at the handles and 2 pieces at the side where you are supposed to hook the strap. 3pcs of straps are covered with transparent plastic sheets individually. All lock, key and straps are kept in the flat bag.

1. The lock and key are in the tiny box. Although lock was wrapped with acid free paper, it has some scatches already. That's normal.

2. The zipper is originally brushed and not shiny.

3. For new bag, it's normal if zipper is tight. After few usage it will be smooth. In fact you can also ask the SA to wax it for you if you want it to be smoother.

abbie001

Mar 20, 2010
My lock was already attatched & the box was inside w the keys in it. My speedy 30 came with no box and lock & keys were inside the little pocket. Ordered both from the website.