Got my Rhyder today...

EternalBlue

Jul 21, 2014
NY
So pretty! I don't have the Rhyder, but the Penny purse I purchased has similar hardware and mine did not have any scratches. Also sounds like maybe your bag wasn't packaged properly. From my experience of the few Coach bags I have purchased, the handles have always been kept up and away from the bag. With my Penny, the long strap was packed inside the bag.

Nymeria1

May 17, 2014
New England
And the front turnlock appears to be all scratched, not to mention the way it was packaged left an imprint of the handle on the back of the bag. :sad: Is this normal for the Rhyder? Picture below...
Hi, I have the metallic Rhyder and the turnlock is NOT scratched. Your bag should not arrive in that condition. :sad:. I would return it for another one.

Loco4Coco

O.G.
Jul 9, 2008
My purple was scratched as well. Not sure if it was meant to be like that, but it drove me nuts.

Aug 18, 2013
Both my metallic rhyder messengers that I returned and my regular metallic rhyder have scratched turn locks. The ones i saw on the floor in coach fp and Macy's were the same way.

jan1124

O.G.
Nov 11, 2006
I also looked at Macy's and FP Coach - and quite a few, in all of the colors, had scratches on the turnlock as well. I think it's sad Coach still has problems with hardware.
(I suffered through the hardware issue on Kristen Elevated Totes a couple years ago - and Coach actually replaced the hardware on all of the bags in stock - and easily replaced bags already sold. Also the Alpine Moss Buroughs have scratched/tarnished/spotted hardware, and you can return or get a replacement - but hardware was never replaced, so there's no guarantee you'll get a better one).
Like I said, Coach shouldn't have this problem - they should have solved the problem before any were released.
Definitely try another one..... because it's only going to get worse.

lilpursekitty

Sep 17, 2008
I have a Rhyder in the same size as yours, only in black leather. The hardware is perfect on it. I'd exchange yours for one with better hardware - it really does seem beaten up and gnarled, even in the picture at a distance. It is a beautiful bag!

Luv2Shop1

Gone shopping
O.G.
Aug 8, 2009
It's pretty but if you aren't happy with the turn lock I'd try to exchange it. :smile:

MIKOMEGMOM

O.G.
Feb 19, 2006
In Reality
Did it come directly from Coach or a department store? Maybe it was a floor model somewhere? Three of my bags ordered from Jax have came from flagship stores.

simplycaren

live. laugh. love.
Did it come directly from Coach or a department store? Maybe it was a floor model somewhere? Three of my bags ordered from Jax have came from flagship stores.
I think it came from another store, definitely not Jax. It was Florida, but it was Miami/Dade area. I didn't bring the receipt with me today.

I'm going to go back to the boutique tonight and show it to them. For the price of that bag, I want it to be perfect, you know? If it's going to be messed up, at least I want to be the one to do it. Only problem is, they'll have to order it again...and there's a chance that the same thing will happen. I may try to hit up Macy's and see if they have any in stock.