Got My Gryson For Target Cutout Bag Today AND...

slidegirlcass

Feb 2, 2008
Sacred Fart
...there was a travel size tube of Colgate Total Advanced Whitening toothpaste thrown in? What the frick?

Anyway, got the bag, and the Recycled Billboard Clutch I got to get the total high enough for free shipping. Yay!

I will post pics soon in my collection thread.

Feb 26, 2006
WI, USA
You ordered from Target.com and you got a tube of toothpaste in there? Weird. I wonder if they are giving away travel sized toothpastes to promote the product? Maybe everyone who is ordering from them is getting them...

slidegirlcass

Feb 2, 2008
Sacred Fart
^^They are actually PVC, but they do feel soft and pretty. As some have mentioned, the weave is sort of loose, but then again I would rather it be tis way and have some stretch than be sewed/glued down tight and be tight.

The opening is kind of hard to get into, and they did not use YKK zippers so mine is a little stiff but I can live with that. Apparently a seamstress can so something to it to loosen it up, I have an LPSS bag that WILL NOT CLOSE so I will be taking them both in to see.

No, this is not the second time, but it is weird. There was nothing in there like a coupon or pamphlet like you normally get with a sample...

I dont want to double post the pics, but I will post the link to my collection thread after I put them up!

Laurie8504

chocolate...where?
O.G.
Sep 10, 2007
US
^^They are actually PVC, but they do feel soft and pretty. As some have mentioned, the weave is sort of loose, but then again I would rather it be tis way and have some stretch than be sewed/glued down tight and be tight.

The opening is kind of hard to get into, and they did not use YKK zippers so mine is a little stiff but I can live with that. Apparently a seamstress can so something to it to loosen it up, I have an LPSS bag that WILL NOT CLOSE so I will be taking them both in to see.

No, this is not the second time, but it is weird. There was nothing in there like a coupon or pamphlet like you normally get with a sample...

I dont want to double post the pics, but I will post the link to my collection thread after I put them up!
I thought you mentioned something awhile back at TJ Maxx or somewhere you bought a suitcase and it had a bag in it? Maybe it was someone else :shrugs: It's just never happened to me before, lol. Do you look inside purses before you buy them? I always check out the pockets and poke in all the holes and stuff :P

slidegirlcass

Feb 2, 2008
Sacred Fart
I thought you mentioned something awhile back at TJ Maxx or somewhere you bought a suitcase and it had a bag in it? Maybe it was someone else :shrugs: It's just never happened to me before, lol. Do you look inside purses before you buy them? I always check out the pockets and poke in all the holes and stuff :P
Thats right, that was me. I thought you meant specifically toothpaste - haha! Yes, I bought a set of DVF luggage at TJ Maxx and found a Kathy Van Zeeland bag inside one of the suitcases - I had found them already in a cart or something but abandoned so I figured someone had been trying to steal it and chickened out. It was hideous, but thats the bag that got accidentally placed in the trunk a week later on the way to an Arlington National Cemetery funeral and I had to carry that piece of junk jangling and clanging like crap and sit in the front row. Wow, that was just a full on bag disaster.

balihai88

O.G.
Jul 31, 2006
96° in the shade
I recall when I ordered a Devi Kroell for Target bag (which I promptly returned because the PVC smell was too intense), there was a travel-size shampoo in the box (not in the bag itself). I think the manufacturers just get Target to give out samples to promote their products among women.

slidegirlcass

Feb 2, 2008
Sacred Fart
Interesting - I checked my invoice because a lot of times when you ge a sample of something its listed on the invoice and shown as free. You would think there would be something in there like a little coupon or whatever - I was not about to just use toothpaste that randomly appeared in a box!

Violawas

Nov 30, 2006
I looked at a black one in Target IRL and thought it was pretty cute for the price. Congrats.