Got my first NEW LV :)

luvkitakisses

borntoLoVebags:)
Apr 19, 2007
HI ladies and gents. I wanted to share (even tho i have no idea how to post pics lol) i ordered my first LV bag brand new (I have a prev loved mono speedy 25) on Mon. night off elux. I got express mail and it arrived Wed around noontime via fedex. I wanted an Alma in a way so i could make it a shoulder bag too and have the option but it was almost double the price and money is tight so i went ahead and ordered my original desire...a mono speedy 30 :smile: After it was on the way i thought maybe i should have ordered the 35 (the extra $25 was not the issue but the SA i spoke to a few days earlier via phone said it was way more like luggage, then i read a thread on here saying the opposite and i do fill my bags up well and i think i like the saggier look of the 35 and ability to put a sweater or magazine in...so anyway i think that is my nect purchase lol)
I have to say i am being real weird with this bag. My daughter even asked why i had not put my stuff in it yet as i usually do right away with a new bag. i think it is b/c of the natural handles...until there is a slight patina i feel they are more likely to stain? Any suggestions? Should i spray a leather protector like i do on my boots etc or will that keep it from oxidizing nicely? I just want it to stay even not smudgy. I buy my bags totally to use, enjoy and maybe flaunt a bit so it's kinda weird this one..my most expensive yet is sitting never used on my shelf in my closet and i have had it for 3 days LOL Of course i only first went out today but i still did not take it LOL Help.
Anyway i am happy to have bit the bullet and bought it...was almost hitting buy for about 3 wks b4 i took the plunge! If i get together at a NJ meet as some of us are trying for i wil lhave one of the others get pics of me and my 30 :smile: Oh and she was made the 12th wk in 07 but not sure in USA or France LOL Sd code. Thx for reading :smile:

Congrats on buying your own first LV. Will never forget that exhilirating moment. I think you are acting this way because you are babying your bag and admiring it slowly. Enjoy and take your time. It took me a while to start using my 1st bag too. But I used it more when I bought my second cause I didn't feel that it was as precious after that :smile:

Hope that doesn't have to be the case with you.

Congrats! If you look in the LV FAQs section, there are a lot of threads with tons of info on the vachetta handles and the pros and cons of spraying them with a protective substance.