Got my first NEW LV :)

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away six more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. HI ladies and gents. I wanted to share (even tho i have no idea how to post pics lol) i ordered my first LV bag brand new (I have a prev loved mono speedy 25) on Mon. night off elux. I got express mail and it arrived Wed around noontime via fedex. I wanted an Alma in a way so i could make it a shoulder bag too and have the option but it was almost double the price and money is tight so i went ahead and ordered my original desire...a mono speedy 30 :smile: After it was on the way i thought maybe i should have ordered the 35 (the extra $25 was not the issue but the SA i spoke to a few days earlier via phone said it was way more like luggage, then i read a thread on here saying the opposite and i do fill my bags up well and i think i like the saggier look of the 35 and ability to put a sweater or magazine in...so anyway i think that is my nect purchase lol)
    I have to say i am being real weird with this bag. My daughter even asked why i had not put my stuff in it yet as i usually do right away with a new bag. i think it is b/c of the natural handles...until there is a slight patina i feel they are more likely to stain? Any suggestions? Should i spray a leather protector like i do on my boots etc or will that keep it from oxidizing nicely? I just want it to stay even not smudgy. I buy my bags totally to use, enjoy and maybe flaunt a bit so it's kinda weird this one..my most expensive yet is sitting never used on my shelf in my closet and i have had it for 3 days LOL Of course i only first went out today but i still did not take it LOL Help.
    Anyway i am happy to have bit the bullet and bought it...was almost hitting buy for about 3 wks b4 i took the plunge! If i get together at a NJ meet as some of us are trying for i wil lhave one of the others get pics of me and my 30 :smile: Oh and she was made the 12th wk in 07 but not sure in USA or France LOL Sd code. Thx for reading :smile:

2. To clarify...WITH the STRAP the Alma would have been twice the price and i think i though ttax applied too LOL Oh well.

3. congrats on the new bag :smile:. i'd have like to have a alma too :P

4. Congrats! The LV heatstamp on the leaf will tell you which country it's made in.

5. Congratulations! :yes:

6. Congrats on buying your own first LV. Will never forget that exhilirating moment. I think you are acting this way because you are babying your bag and admiring it slowly. Enjoy and take your time. It took me a while to start using my 1st bag too. But I used it more when I bought my second cause I didn't feel that it was as precious after that :smile:

Hope that doesn't have to be the case with you.

7. Congrats! So youre going to end up with the speedy monogram in every size. Ahhh i love speedys, cant fault them in the slightest.
    Modelling pics please

8. Enjoy your new bag. I was the same way with my first Lv.

9. Congratulations.

10. Congratulations!

11. congrats!!!

12. Congrats!

13. congrats!

14. Congrats! If you look in the LV FAQs section, there are a lot of threads with tons of info on the vachetta handles and the pros and cons of spraying them with a protective substance.

15. congrats! i love patina and beat up lv's so i cannot help you with suggestions on protection

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice