Got my first HH, what is similar to the Trophy?

2blue3pink

Sep 28, 2007
I am now the proud owner of a TCP Trophy and I love it. I wasn't sure about it until I received it. Everything about it is perfect. I can't believe I waited so long to get a HH. What other HH bags are similar to the Trophy? I like the Corcovado.

As a Trophy Devotee (I have 3 of them), I would say the Beatrice is the closest in silhouette. After that, I would say the Emille. It sounds like you may be like me and have a fondness for the bowler shape bag. If you are, you may not like the Tharpe. Syb's right in that it has the same architectural style, but it wears very much like a barrel satchel. It is more east-west in line. I have one. It is a nice bag, but not my "go to" bag like the Trophies, Beatrices and Corcs are. According to the HH look book, there will be a bright blue Trophy coming out later this season. I am soooo ready for that one. Another in their previous collections that you might like would be the Louvre and the Suki (although the Suki is a much smaller bag).

McCoy - I love the bowler shape too! When you talk about the Tharpe though, it sounds to me like you're actually describing the Bungalow. Both are architectural in style but the Bungalow is much more E/W and barrel-like than the Tharpe. In fact, I wouldn't use those two terms at all to describe the Tharpe.

I'll post photos.

Trophy, Tharpe, Bungalow

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2117.JPG
    IMG_2117.JPG
    176 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_2119.JPG
    IMG_2119.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_2127.JPG
    IMG_2127.JPG
    153.4 KB · Views: 203
Size comparisons: Trophy vs. Tharpe front, Trophy vs. Tharpe side, Trophy vs. Tharpe vs. Bungalow front

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2122.JPG
    IMG_2122.JPG
    191.1 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_2132.JPG
    IMG_2132.JPG
    173.2 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_2124.JPG
    IMG_2124.JPG
    190.6 KB · Views: 267
McCoy - I love the bowler shape too! When you talk about the Tharpe though, it sounds to me like you're actually describing the Bungalow. Both are architectural in style but the Bungalow is much more E/W and barrel-like than the Tharpe. In fact, I wouldn't use those two terms at all to describe the Tharpe.

I'll post photos.

Nope. I meant the Tharpe. I have it in Tango Red. Mine isn't triangular like your gray is showing. It isn't as big as the Trophy either. I didn't mean to give the visual of a perfectly cylindrical barrel silhouette, but mine does not taper in to the top like a trophy and is much shorter in height. Maybe it is an older Tharpe, since it is an unusual red. I think it is definately more of a satchel than a bowler-type bag. Also, as you will see below, the front foldover tab is LONGER than the bag. LOL. But I love the zappy red so much, it is one of my "brighten my mood" bags.

Bag sitting relaxed:

P1010221.jpg

Holding straps upward and bag to full height:

P1010224.jpg

I am now the proud owner of a TCP Trophy and I love it. I wasn't sure about it until I received it. Everything about it is perfect. I can't believe I waited so long to get a HH. What other HH bags are similar to the Trophy? I like the Corcovado.
2blue,,,, i think the corc is very similar in size and if you lock it down on the sides it kinda has that same " smaller at the top" type shape,,, you should try one of those,,, i love em cause they are so soft n slouchy,,, and you can pack em full too.