Got my first compliment today...funny experience...

Normally, I would find the whole "I would never spend that much on a purse" talk rude, but I don't think the SA was trying to be rude or smug. She was just joking around that she could have a bunch of pairs of shoes instead. Obviously, she probably spends more on those shoes than she realizes. People who buy large numbers of lower priced bags, shoes, or anything else often don't realize that they spent enough on all those cheaper items to be able to have a more expensive item. Everyone was smiling and giggling, so I just let the whole talk about spending slide.

Goodness, the compliments just keep coming! I was out with DBF and my sister. We were having dinner before heading to the movies. The waitress noticed my Pomme Inclusion GM, and she asked, "Is that a Louis Vuitton bracelet?" I was said it was and she said, "It's pretty. I've never seen one of those before. I've only seen the bags and some t-shirts." Hearing her say she had seen LV t-shirts was sort of weird. I have never seen an authentic LV t-shirt around here ever. For some reason, I get the feeling the shirts she saw were those ugly fake ones with the big logos you always see on iOffer and eBay. I have seen real LV bags around here though. In fact, I have been seeing more real ones than fakes lately. I don't think she's the first person who has noticed my bracelet. I've seen other women staring at it before. It's hard not to notice. However, she's the first one who ever actually commented on it. I so need the matching Pomme Inclusion ring...

thanks for sharing your compliment with us! it makes us feel happy and proud *for you*!

agreed re: comments about "I'd never spend that much"...if I have the money to spend that much, then I should do what I want. One of my relatives saw my new trevi and said "that's fake, right? no one actually buys real Louis Vuitton!".....I just had to sit there and smile politely while there was a ruckus about spending over $1,000 on a purse. :shrugs:

Good compliment!

I had a teenage guy (older teenage) come up to me - I had my Mono Alma on my arm. He told me that was the nicest bag he'd ever seen, and that he was looking for a birthday gift for his girlfriend. He politely asked me how much it was and where I bought it?

I declined to give a $ figure - I'm not comfortable with that, but did tell him it came from the LV boutique in Montreal. He pressed me for the price, so I gave him a ballpark figure. You should have seen his face! Shock, surprise, disbelief - followed by a sort of resigned sadness.

I felt sorry for the kid.