Got my Eggplant Bays, but...

mikesabfish

Dec 5, 2011
I received my Christmas Eve purchase from m.com. I got lucky to be able to order the Eggplant Bays in the sale. But now I am in a dilemma. I realise that Polly Push Lock Tote in Conker is still available, and I love both the colour and the design of this bag. I adore big bags! However, I am only allowed one unfortunately! My hubby says he thinks Polly looks a bit posher than Bays, which might not fit to my purpose of using it as a work bag. I do love the Eggplant Bays, but I really want to het my hands on Polly. Arrrggggghhhh!!

PeanutB

O.G.
May 3, 2011
London
mikesabfish said:
I received my Christmas Eve purchase from m.com. I got lucky to be able to order the Eggplant Bays in the sale. But now I am in a dilemma. I realise that Polly Push Lock Tote in Conker is still available, and I love both the colour and the design of this bag. I adore big bags! However, I am only allowed one unfortunately! My hubby says he thinks Polly looks a bit posher than Bays, which might not fit to my purpose of using it as a work bag. I do love the Eggplant Bays, but I really want to het my hands on Polly. Arrrggggghhhh!!
That's a toughie! I wouldn't part with my eggplant bays for all the tea in china BUT it does seem as if m bring out purple toned bays pretty often whereas Polly, so far, is a one off range.

Mooshooshoo

Oct 19, 2011
UK
Hi, Mikesabfish
Have you got another bag you could sell on to release funds to get the one you want? Lots of us will have a bag for a while and then move it on for something we want more...:shrugs:

Jan 5, 2011
South Wales, UK
Can't you ask him if you can get the Polly whilst you keep hold of your bays to compare and see which you like best (you may then be able to pursuade him to let you keep both!)

mikesabfish

Dec 5, 2011
That's a toughie! I wouldn't part with my eggplant bays for all the tea in china BUT it does seem as if m bring out purple toned bays pretty often whereas Polly, so far, is a one off range.
Hi PeanutB,

I thought so, too. But when you have something in hand, it is hard to let go! Almost feel like I fought for this Eggplant Bays on Christmas Eve. Thanks for your comment. :smile:

mikesabfish

Dec 5, 2011
Hi, Mikesabfish
Have you got another bag you could sell on to release funds to get the one you want? Lots of us will have a bag for a while and then move it on for something we want more...:shrugs:
Mo, unfortunately, none of my bags is of equal value to PPL tote. It is a tough call for me.

smally

O.G.
Feb 8, 2011
Scotland
That eggplant bays really suits you. I remember reading your posts when you managed to get one and your delight was clearly evident. I think now that conker polly has made the sale there will be some pop up on eBay over the next few months but I don't think there will be many eggplant bays come up for resale. If you let this eggplant go you will probably not get another chance at it so I would think really carefully and would definitely not return it until you have a chance to compare the two

mikesabfish

Dec 5, 2011
That eggplant bays really suits you. I remember reading your posts when you managed to get one and your delight was clearly evident. I think now that conker polly has made the sale there will be some pop up on eBay over the next few months but I don't think there will be many eggplant bays come up for resale. If you let this eggplant go you will probably not get another chance at it so I would think really carefully and would definitely not return it until you have a chance to compare the two
smally, you are right. Unfortunately I have not seen PPL in real, so it has been difficult for me to compare the two. I will have to order one, if I am to see them both side by side. Thinking about all the delivery and return charge that involves. Headache!