Got my DREAM bag but had to deal with a VERY annoying SA!!!!

Mar 13, 2006
Hey everyone!!

I am SO happy right now! I went to Chanel today looking for THE perfect shoulder bag (since I have two hand-held bags already - two LV speedies) and I found it!!!!! :love: :love:

This is one of their newest bags and I was told that it is featured in almost all Chanel campaigns and it is going to fly off the shelves. I am SO happy I was able to snatch one before they were all gone!

Anyway, it's a black shoulder bag and it looks like it is made of goat skin (not sure though). It has one zip pocket inside as well as a cell phone pocket (YESSSSS...I always look for a cell phone pocket). Then as you can see in the pic, there are two additional pockets on the sides (one on each side). The chain looks similar to the one on LUX bags. One of the things that I really liked was the fact that the bag looks the same in front and back, except the front has the CC logo. I don't like huge logos, so I am happy that I can carry it "backwards", too. I hope you know what I mean...LOL. The first three pics show the front of the bag while pic 5 shows the back. Anyway, I absolutely love this bag!!!! It comes in black, red, and brown.

Oh, almost forgot to tell you about the SA. Even though she was VERY nice and helpful, she was also very annoying! She kept telling me how can I afford such an expensive bag at such a young age (I'm in my 20s and I don't look young, so she pretty much new how old I was). I kept repeating that I WORK!!!!! Then as she was giving me my bag at the end of the transaction, she said, "Well, you'll be the ONLY young girl with this bag". OK, I am not the ONLY young girl that buys/carries Chanel bags. She works at such a high-end store, shouldn't she already know that?

Anyway, hope you enjoy the pics!!!!!

Adorable ;)

Soooo I have to ask: 1) what store did you buy it? 2) how old did she think you were?

Everytime I go to NM, before I worked with my current SA, people would just not take me seriously. It was sooo annoying. My current SA was the only one who was nice to me the first time I went there, so he has been my SA for a long while :smile:

Btw, how much was your bag? :smile:

likeafeather, that is SO annoying! I feel your pain! You handled it with more aplomb than I would have. I would have said: "It's simply none of your business."

"You'll be the ONLY young girl with this bag." I can't believe she said that. Maybe it's the PMS but I would have said, "Look, do you want your commission or not? Because I can find another SA who isn't going to feel the need to interject rude comments like that."

Love your bag, likeafeather, congrats!

I went to Saks and she was an older lady. When I say older, I mean in her 60's. I don't know how old she thought I was because I look my age if not older.

Fr2nc1z, I'll pm you with the price of the bag. I'd rather not say it on here.

Thank you for all your nice comments!

Oh that's just horrible. Here in MN, I haven't had any luck at Saks. I like shopping at NM and Nordstroms (esp. NM) since they treat you great. Although I have had bad experiences in the past with certain SAs trying to push a purchase on you.

Thanks! I ask because on Tuesday I'm going to meet with my SA to get my new Chanel bag and we're going to go over the new fall bags.

My girlfriend shops at Celine alot. Suits, accessories, etc. She looks young and gets tht 'how do you do it/afford it' attitude from her nosy SA all the time, and once she just whispered to her SA tht she has a sugar daddy. I just had to walk away to keep a straight face!
That was a funny day!

Congratulations! Too bad about the personal comments, though. It's amazing what people think they can say, continuously amazing... even more amazing that this was an SA, relying on you for her commission.

Oh, almost forgot to tell you about the SA. Even though she was VERY nice and helpful, she was also very annoying! She kept telling me how can I afford such an expensive bag at such a young age (I'm in my 20s and I don't look young, so she pretty much new how old I was). I kept repeating that I WORK!!!!! Then as she was giving me my bag at the end of the transaction, she said, "Well, you'll be the ONLY young girl with this bag". OK, I am not the ONLY young girl that buys/carries Chanel bags. She works at such a high-end store, shouldn't she already know that?

I think you're being too sensitive. She was probably just an old grandma working for a living. I think you handled it well by telling her you work. When she told you that you were the ONLY young girl with this bag, she was trying to make you feel special.

Congrats! I love the color! I agree that the SA was probably just trying to be friendly with you, but it just came across weird. It's true that some SAs snub you for looking young or dressing casual, but I find that once I show serious interest or actually buy something, they warm up. It's annoying (and it goes against what we're taught growing up about not judging by appearance), but it makes me really appreciate a truly helpful, friendly SA.

I get the feeling that the older female Chanel SAs especially like to do the "you're a young woman" schtick. One time, when the bag I was looking for was not in stock, the SA really tried to push the Cambon bags because it's great for a "young woman" like me. It's almost like they're trying to debunk the "Chanel is for old ladies" myth, but it's backfiring on them.

What's funny is that I'm not *that* young. It cracks me up when this happens.