Got my chanel lambskin bag repainted by lovinmybags!

may i ask what she charged for the bag and wallet? what a fantastic service!

and yes, i agree with you about chanel's poor service in terms of dying and refurbishing bags. I had a few pieces done by chanel and I was very unhappy with both items.

Thanks everyone for your comments! :heart:

mello_yello_jen: Because I'd heard horror stories and personally know people who'd sent their bags to Chanel and were disappointed with the results... Apparently the leather felt very different/worse? Every one of them regretted dyeing it in the first place... I initially just wanted to clean up the straps, but I was pretty impressed by the photos on lovinmybags site so thought I'd give repainting a try. :smile:

ohhh! wow, that's good info to know, i'll definitely keep that in mind next time I am thinking of doing this. thanks for the info!!

My quilted black tote (from the 80s) has turned bluish with age (you can only tell in certain light). I had a Chanel SA advise against re-dying because of the change in texture. He warned that most people were unhappy with it. I greatly appreciated that he said that.

I just bought a white cambon reporter and it had some scratches in the back of the purse. Is there any way to get rid of the scratches. Should I return the bag or have someone try to fix it like lovinmybags?

Thanks

Wow, it looks brand new. Now is the color shows any rub off? If you don't me asking approximate how much for the bag & the wallet. I have 1 or two pieces that I might want to have the same service. Thanks in advance.

Thanks everybody!!!

^^It was $165.00 for recoloring the bands of the bag, and $65.00 for restoring the wallet. Took longer than I would have liked, but I'm happy with the results in any case. Barbara (lovinmybags owner) gave me a bottle of black touch up JUST IN CASE - she said to use a brush and a hairdryer and it would be easy to touch up - but as far as I know the color isn't going to fade easily. I also bought a few of her leather care products for my other bags and I just tried them out on my bbag. I personally love them and would recommend them. Barbara's really sweet and helpful in her emails too.

I am patiently awaiting the return of My Botkier Bombay Satchel that I sent to LMB (Barb). What a nice lady. I can't wait to see the results. I had spilled alot of coffee all over mine and in the process of trying to clean it, made it worse.
SO, I was happy to hear your good report on your Chanel. I should have my bag anyday now if the Christmas Rush mail doesn't hold it up.